Author Topic: Say What?? A Must Read!!  (Read 15326 times)

GYPSY JAZMINE

Re: Say What?? A Must Read!!
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2005, 06:05:39 pm »
You know, I don't post a whole lot here but I lurk nearly every day. Kudos to you all for providing such a nice atmosphere. As Gypsy Jazmine said, I, too, have been on boards that are just down right self righteous. In fact, we may be speaking about the same one...Anyway, I love it that you all try to phrase your responses in a nice, positive way instead of just slamming one another. I've only seen it a few times and I think that it's great that SO many people can be on one site and still treat each other with respect and empathy--maybe not agree but still respectfully disagree. I'll be sticking around...even though my dogs aren't that big. :)

Julie

Julie, Hi!...What kind of dogs do you have?...I'm just wondering...i may have missed it if you posted before or, imagine this, forgot! :-\ LOL!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2005, 03:53:02 pm »
I enjoy all posts on here too!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2005, 04:21:11 pm »
Thanks Julie!...Porter from just dogs...o.k.... I remember. :) I am no longer there though....I love your avatar...He looks so happy! :)

Offline dgodden5459

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2005, 05:24:34 pm »
I have to say that this is the BEST site I have ever belonged to!!!!Everyone is GREAT!! I use to visit a site that condemed (spell?) me for rescuing Gretchen at 4 weeks. A woman basically said I was lying when I explained that her mother was hit by a car and killed. She was more concerned that I got her from a BYB than the truth. All I can say is you all are very nice and do not make me afraid to post anything. Other sites seem to put other members down for not owning a champion dog. A GREAT BIG thanks for letting me join.. Deb
Deb

Gretchen the Rottie
Buttons the LLhasa
Macie who knows?

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2005, 05:38:52 pm »
Welcome Deb and Gretchen! We will listen when you talk, support you when you need it, giggle when you tell a funny story, and give advice when you ask for it. I hope that you have a great time while here on BPO! 
Hugs,
Jaime

Offline zimas_mommie

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2005, 07:35:03 pm »
Today is my first day on this site and I love it!!! Jaba is this your site? IF it is Thank you!! I feel so welcome here and everyone has been so positive and helpfull and nice so far!!! I will of course always show the same courtsy!! Thanks again!!!
Nicole

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2005, 08:34:41 pm »
Thank you so much for your kind words Nicole and Zima. This site was started out of a love for big dogs that my husband and I have. We want all of you here to feel as comfortable as we do. Welcome again to the BPO family and I look forward to many more chats with you!
Hugs,
Jaime

Offline slickerk

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2005, 08:53:06 am »
ooh ooh ooh, I love it here too! he he

Offline cue755

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2005, 02:51:25 pm »
One Thing For Sure about This Site that I personally like!
Is no matter wether your Dog is registered or not We all Love Them Just For Who and How They Are! Some Sites if not registered they aren't talked about much! Here Every Dog has its own personality! I Really enjoy this site and I Know for a Fact Ice does tooo :o) Take Care All, Ices Dad
Ice & Ices Dad

Offline sarnewfie

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • HarborWinds Newfoundlands and Stain Glass
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2005, 07:37:56 am »
Well i for one, need a healthy debate to make me think about things sometimes, as long as it is done in a mature manner.
so far it apears this site is doing that :)
though at first i came on strong on the web and very opinionated, i have learned that words typed do not come across as it would if i was talking to the people instead and many misinterpretat ions happened wich lead to confrontation on the net.
Photography by Christine
http://harborwinds.fototime.com/PHOTOS FOR ORDERS

HarborWinds Newfoundlands&Search and Rescue
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Haven/4505

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2005, 05:16:01 pm »
i have learned that words typed do not come across as it would if i was talking to the people instead and many misinterpretat ions happened wich lead to confrontation on the net.

That is exactly what we are trying to avoid Sar. Things are said that sound rude/mean even if they are not written  with that intention. I am glad you are here and were able to notice how "nice" people are on our board. It is really one of the best places to be when online IMO.  :D
Hugs,
Jaime

mcenter

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2005, 06:06:35 pm »
You know, its amazing....I have two teenage girls who have had "issues" with internet conversations. ....typed words dont always come across the way they are intended...and I think that happens here too....but since I have been here, I've felt very welcome and I dont think that anyone INTENDS to come across as judgemental. I am very grateful for this group and look foreward to its posts each day. Keep up the incredible work, Moderators.... ...! :)

Offline yogibear

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2005, 11:32:03 pm »
Jabear....what does *BUMP* mean? I really don't know, but it always seems so funny to see...please advise. (see how safe I feel here asking a silly question)

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2005, 03:03:27 am »
Jabear....what does *BUMP* mean? I really don't know, but it always seems so funny to see...please advise. (see how safe I feel here asking a silly question)

Hahaha Mia! A bump is just a word that lets everyone know that you think the topic is important. When you bump it, the topic just goes back to the top of the forum list.
Hugs,
Jaime

Offline yogibear

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2005, 04:14:28 am »
That's my new word now.....*BUMP*  :P