Author Topic: Some people are so rude  (Read 10776 times)

Blair

Some people are so rude
« on: August 28, 2005, 05:19:06 pm »
We took Zeus and Grey to Petsmart on Friday. We were having a good time, al ot of people petting and loving on both boys. Until this one rude lady walks over to us and made a comment. We didnt hear her at first and my husband asked what she said. She looks at Grey and told we had no buisness taking him in public when we are starving him  >:( . My husband looked at her and her dog and said "No hes just not overweight like your dog" and we walked away. As we walked away Grey brushed up against her and left his long shoe string drool on her pants  :D. On a good note, there was one lady playing with both boys, and Grey drooled all over Zeus' head. She looks at Zeus and said "OOpps you have drool on your head". Reached down and wiped the drool off his head.

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
Re: Some people are so rude
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2005, 05:27:44 pm »
Grrr.  Some people are just awful.  The drool part is funny, though!  Hehe!  :)

Blair

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2005, 05:32:07 pm »
Yeah, I've been told that before, and Gunther isn't even as thin as some young danes are.  I just try to explain nicely that when they are growing, not only do they grow so fast they can't keep weight on, but having too much weight on them is unhealthy while they are growing.  So far everyone has been satisfied with that answer.

We explained to her before my husband made that rude comment but she wasnt having any of it....All she said over and over again was we were starving him  >:(

Blair

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2005, 05:53:57 pm »
I bet you guys didnt know that Danes dont come in Merles LOL I get that all the time. They get dane right and then add the what is he mix with. Then I have to explain to them that danes do come in other colors LOL We all need to have a school so we can teach everyone about our babies LOL

Blair

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2005, 05:55:51 pm »
That was just too funny when Grey did that. It was like the whole time the lady was putting him down, he was sitting there making a HUGE shoe string drool just for her LOL

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2005, 06:06:17 pm »
Well, I don't know if this is technically RUDE, because it was just a little kid that said it, and I don't think he meant to be hurtful, but it certainly left an impression on me...

When we lived in Michigan, we had Gwen and Ranger out for a walk in the neighbor hood.  A little boy (I have no clue how old - pretty young - not a toddler but nowhere near a pre-teen) who was outside playing came over to us and asked if he could pet them.  As he was doing so, he was asking us questions about the dogs - their names, if they were a boy or girl, etc. 

Then he pointed at Cabo and said  "How old is that dog?".  We told him that he was about 12 or 13 at that time (we weren't 100% sure, because he was a shelter dog, and we had never known his real birthday).  Then he pointed at Gwen, and said "How old is that dog?".  We told him she was about 4.  Then he turned back to Cabo and pointed at him and said "THAT DOG IS GOING TO DIE SOON, ISN'T HE?".

Oh.  My.  God.  I, of course, immediately burst into tears and began sobbing on the street corner.  I eventually pulled it together enough to continue the walk, but I still couldn't stop crying....   

Now I realize that the kid wasn't old enough to realize that his comment was going to be hurtful, and that he was probably just going thru the process of figuring out the numbers, and that Cabo was older than Gwen, and that he was just old enough to figure out how long dogs live, BUT STILL!!!!

Ugh.   :(
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2005, 06:11:23 pm »

I've had people swear that Gunther has greyhound in him b/c that is the ONLY  breed that comes in brindle.  They obviously need to check their dog books again, b/c at last count I think I know of at least 15 breeds that carry brindle.  Unfortunatley, I'm not good at comebacks until about 5 minutes later.  I wish I could come up with some zingers like you guys.  Maybe we should have a thread with some posted, so I can keep a list with me at all times......... .......lol

I have people who refuse to come near Sanity because they are positive that he's a pitbull.  A really really really big pitbull.  In fact the day after I brought him home I took him to the kennel I worked at and this guy says "What's wrong with your pitbull's face?"  Come again?  For starters if he has a pitty face it's on the wrong dog.  I told him it was a Dane puppy and he's like "Sorry Honey Great Danes don't come in that color.  I raise pits and ONLY a pit bull comes in that color."  I just said "Oh my God, I'm so sorry, I didn't realize that you know EVERYTHING!"

And Marsi?  To make you feel better my little sister comes up to me a while ago and says "You're 22 right?" I said yes, and she said "The average human lives to be 88, so you're a quarter dead!"   :-X

Ang
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2005, 06:25:05 pm »
And Marsi?  To make you feel better my little sister comes up to me a while ago and says "You're 22 right?" I said yes, and she said "The average human lives to be 88, so you're a quarter dead!"   :-X

Ang

Ha ha, Ang, that is so funny!  But, um, I've been meaning to ask - what is wrong with your pitbull's face?   ;D ;D ;D
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2005, 06:26:16 pm »
Just a couple of weeks ago I had a lady in my pet food store ask "how my neighbors tolerate such big dogs"...I was totally confused & said, "What do you mean"...She paused for a moment & said, "My neighbors would never put up with it"...I still am not sure what "it" is...All the while she is holding a 7 week old Basset Hound...I am wondering how her neighbors will put up with the barking & howling...The bi**h didn't have a clue. >:(

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2005, 06:33:47 pm »

LOL!  Well, this is getting pretty far off-topic, I guess, but that reminds me of a story.  I was in a school not long ago, and as I walked through the front office, I noticed a little boy looking at me very carefully.  When I was leaving, he stopped me very politely saying, "Excuse me, ma'am?"  I said, "yes?"  He asked, "Do you color your hair?"  A bit shocked, I responded, "Uh, no."  He then asked, "are you sure?"  I told him yes, I was sure, and if I was going to color my hair, I'd be careful not to leave these grey hairs showing.  He looked at me again, looking as though he was seriously pondering my response.  Then, he said, "Well, in that case, maybe you ought to consider it." 
 :o ;D ;D ;D
Oh aren't kids cute?!?...NOT! :D

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2005, 06:37:49 pm »
Apparently my sister's excuse was that she doing fractions for homework...... ... :-[
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2005, 08:48:05 pm »
Sorry to hear that you had a bad encounter with a human being....but sometimes they just are poor excuses for living things. I detest people that make rude comments about Bear for any reason but what the lady said to you was just offensive. I am so glad that Mr. Grey got her slimed. Way to go!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline mixedupdog

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2005, 09:00:33 pm »
Oh, the joys of Petsmart! People there are so weird sometimes.
I had a lady who told me what a shame it was that I didn't crop Earnest's ears- 1. he's not purebred, most people only get Dane because he's so big- he has a very Lab face, if you know Danes you can see he's not pure  2. I happen to like natural ears, and even if he was pure, he'd still have his ears. 
I have had more than one person argue with me when they ask what he is- I say 1/2 Lab, 1/2 Dane, and they say "NO, can't be, he's.... I KNOW WHAT HE IS, I SAW BOTH HIS PARENTS.  He can't be Dane because he's merle, he can't be lab because he's not black, he must have some chow because his merle spots continue onto his tongue...
I gave up. Now when some one asks I tell them he's a rare Lochbuie Lurcher imported from England, very expensive.  Cracks me up when the know-it-alls are so impressed.... "Oh, yes, very fine example of the breed"...... LOL!!!

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2005, 09:21:24 pm »
Now when some one asks I tell them he's a rare Lochbuie Lurcher imported from England, very expensive.  Cracks me up when the know-it-alls are so impressed.... "Oh, yes, very fine example of the breed"...... LOL!!!
I love it!!!!...I've have people tell me Samson can't be a Pyr because he has color!...I used to try to explain that 65% or so of Pyr pups are born with color but only around 18% or so keep that color into adulthood...I gave up!!!...Now I tell them he's a polar bear hybrid & walk away & leave them thinking! :D

Offline my3dogs

• Leader of the Pack
  • Daisy - FEB 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blossoming Daisy
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2005, 09:45:50 pm »
Now when some one asks I tell them he's a rare Lochbuie Lurcher imported from England, very expensive. Cracks me up when the know-it-alls are so impressed.... "Oh, yes, very fine example of the breed"...... LOL!!!

That's GREAT!!!   
I have to wonder why some people show no hesitation at expressing their own opinions but are so closed minded to hearing someone elses.....espe cially when it's factual! 
I've had people come up to me and make proclamations as to Daisy's breed.  I calmly explain that she's a Neapolitan Mastiff.   
I've heard:
"No, she can't be."
"That's not how they look.  They are light brown with a dark muzzle and not wrinkled." 
I explain that they are thinking of an english mastiff. They do not want to hear that at all.
My favorite is when someone asks about HIS weight or HIS age or HIS name.
I used to explain....now I just make up boy names.....Spar tacus is the current favorite.
"As long as the world is turning and spinning, we're gonna be dizzy and we're gonna make mistakes." - Mel Brooks
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/164179