Author Topic: IT'S HERE!!! My Drake Fur Hat is Here!  (Read 9120 times)

Offline Bear

• Paw-meister
  • The Bear Cub
    • View Profile
Re: IT'S HERE!!! My Drake Fur Hat is Here!
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2006, 04:00:45 am »
Bro that's awesome. It look really well done, I think I'll follow your exact path in getting that done.

Jaime and I have been saving Bear's hair for almost a year now - we have so much Bear hair it's ridiculous.

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2006, 05:21:40 am »
Bro that's awesome. It look really well done, I think I'll follow your exact path in getting that done.

Jaime and I have been saving Bear's hair for almost a year now - we have so much Bear hair it's ridiculous.
Thanks Michael, yeah you should go for it.  I'm stoked that I'll be wearing it when I pull in some fat Halibut out in the Cook Inlet. But like I said before, use Bears undercoat if you can.  We had the groomer collect all the nice clean outercoat fur that they cut off.  It may be nice and Newfie Dark and durable/water resistant, but it's scratchy.  I'm hoping it will soften with washing and wear, but if I did it again, I would try undercoat fur.  Also, if you can find a friend or family member to knit or crochet the hat for you, do it.  Still have VIP Fibers spin the yarn, that's about $70 to do 10 oz.  But if they make the hat too, you're looking at about $130.  It's just more meaningful if someone special makes it.  Look forward to seeing yours one day.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 05:54:48 am by Newf Lover »
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2006, 05:40:11 am »
Seriously, that rules.  I think it's really, really cool. And here in Colorado, we are winter hat snobs.  They have to be the right shape or else you look like a little odd on the slopes.  ;)

If people didn't know what it was made of they would love it. They would think it was really cool wool. I like it better since it's made with Drake's hair.  :) I still want one...

How are baby names coming along?

Julie

Thanks Julie!  Sounds like you live in Aspen.  Aaassspennn... Where the beer flows like wine.  I can't wait until the next Tahoe ski season when I'll be able to swish down the slopes with Drake keeping my head warm.

As for Baby names, I think we've pretty much settled on Paige, but we'll keep our minds open until the big day arrives. 
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 05:42:23 am by Newf Lover »
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2006, 08:57:00 am »
The Drake-fur hat is AWESOME!  Let DW be embarrassed, she will have the cold head!   ;)  I think it is cool and may start saving Tsu-fur for a cream colored hat for me!! 

The Newf hat on Drake almost made me pee a little... :D
Jacquie-Undercover Princess
Tsu Ling-Chow Chow-RIP 5/08
Boudreaux-American Mastiff
Griffey-Pi55y, fat, yellow cat
Comrade-red/white Siberian Husky
"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2006, 02:35:51 pm »
That is so awesome!  Glad you shared the pics and I hope you have many warm years to come in your new hat!  It looks great on Drake too!
Daphne

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2006, 03:58:13 pm »
That is so cool. I wonder if they could do one with both my dogs' fur in it. That would be awesome. Love that hat!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline galaxybears

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • chins n newfs
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2006, 04:30:56 am »
I love the hat, though I wouldn't want to wear it myself!! But then I don't like wearing hats ::)

Got to ask though, if it gets wet does it smell of wet dog? ;)
Shelley
Mum to Molly, Honey and Kitten
RIP my darling Bronte