Author Topic: Grr, I'm an idiot but at least it's positive  (Read 3454 times)

mama23+pyrs2

Grr, I'm an idiot but at least it's positive
« on: April 16, 2007, 02:05:40 pm »
I was sitting here chatting away and not paying much attn to Yukon who was trying desperately to get my attention. He came up and got up on me and I said 'off' and pushed him down, then he followed my daughter through the kitchen, which is on the way to the potty door. Then he eventually came back to look at me and walk back and forth near me a couple times, I still ignored it!! Talk about dense. So he walks to the carpet and pees, darnit!!

Momma's an idiot :( But this is the first EVER signs I've seen from him!!!!!! I'm getting really excited about that! He usually just pees, no second thought. This is great, maybe this is a new thing and were on our way to housebreaking progress, yay!

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Grr, I'm an idiot but at least it's positive
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 02:34:06 pm »
ha ha ha how funny.  with us, whenever the dogs come to us, we potty them, then give them attention after they get in.  that way they're always well pottied ha ha.  sure am glad potty training is going better for you!  make a deal though, you potty train my oldest son and i'll do BOTH you dogs!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 02:52:06 pm »
ha ha ha how funny.  with us, whenever the dogs come to us, we potty them, then give them attention after they get in.  that way they're always well pottied ha ha.  sure am glad potty training is going better for you!  make a deal though, you potty train my oldest son and i'll do BOTH you dogs!

Yeah well now that I know he will actually come to me, I'll definitely be letting him out first thing..let's hope he still tries and didn't say to himself, oh well..she had her chance, forget it. ::)

And sorry- no deal about the boy lol..I take it he isn't potty training and if that's the case, welcome to my world. >:( Except I think my son is older? He'll be 3 in July and he has ZERO potty interest, I'm so over his diapers!!!!!

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 01:35:03 am »
Every now and then, Rosie will wake us up at 3AM by approaching the side of the bed and panting directly in our faces. Most times she's only asking for pets. Other times she wants to go outside for a bathroom break. You can tell when it's the latter. She starts jumping up and down for joy and acts extra excited that she's succeeded in waking us up.
Rosie - Newfoundland

Offline Johnnysgirl_668

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 01:59:36 am »
Can't say much here either. Yesterday I did the same thing, "OFF!" and pushed Bear off my lap, only to find some presents in the washroom. Good place for it, but typical male, he missed the bowl!  ;) ;D

I wonder if I can toilet train a GDS? LOL
You can say any fool thing to a dog, and the dog will give you this look that says, "My God, you're RIGHT! I NEVER would've thought of that!" - Dave Barry

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 02:12:44 am »
Yay, Yukon.  He's on his way.

I used to work for a General Practitioner.  When ever a parent would come in stressing that their child wasn't potty trained yet he would say, "I can pretty much gaurantee that he won't be wearing diapers in high school".  Try not to sweat it, he'll do it when he is ready.  My youngest was late, due to a birth defect, she is not allowed to 'hold it'.  I think she was almost 4 when she started potty training.  I took her to one of those mega baby stores and let her pick out her own potty chair with the deal that she had to start using it.  If not, I would throw it away.  It worked, didn't think it would.

Yeah, you're right. I've had to be mighty patient with him as it is, he's done everything 'late' except crawl, and he was so good at it he didn't want to walk. He's very much on his own pace and there's no getting around that. In fact he has just recently started talking to where we can understand what he's saying, had me worried for awhile..they want to do a hearing test. But at least he's consistent, so the potty training falls into place haha and he's a boy, they're kinda slow. ;)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 02:13:21 am by mama23+pyrs2 »

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 02:14:02 am »
Can't say much here either. Yesterday I did the same thing, "OFF!" and pushed Bear off my lap, only to find some presents in the washroom. Good place for it, but typical male, he missed the bowl!  ;) ;D

I wonder if I can toilet train a GDS? LOL

At least I'm not the only one! :P