Author Topic: Oh Geez.. Do I really need another kitty? Updated with new pics!  (Read 22758 times)

Offline TINKSMOM

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Oh Geez.. Do I really need another kitty? Update
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2008, 05:49:27 am »
Any news!

I feel like I am trying to adopt him.

This is killing me. He looks sooo much like my Boomer.

I have a good feeling about this though. Things tend to work out for persistant people.

Good Luck today!
My name is Lori.

Mom to
Tinkerbear (lab/kom mix)
Harley (Newfy/Saint mix)
Boomer (Cat-russian blue)
RIP - Tater Marie (basset 11/95 to 1/08)
RIP - Velcro (Kitten-Tiger Stripe)

Lyn

Re: Oh Geez.. Do I really need another kitty? Update
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2008, 08:42:50 am »
I have awesome news! They still have him!

I got a call from the foster mom. Apparently it took a bit for my phone number to get to the right person. She's suppose to be coming here today at 1pm with him! She said there are 2 other people interested in him so if I want him now is my chance.. No pressure she said. LOL

I also found out he may be slightly mentally affected as well as physically stunted. Since he was found on the side of the road in a bag as a newborn, he was more than likely thrown there. Head trauma maybe? Or he could just be a very vocal kitty. Plus he's been moved around from foster home to foster home to the pet store back to a foster home. When hubby and I saw him he seemed like a normal kitten to me.

So I'm crossing my fingers she's comes today. She said she may have to re-schedule if her company from out of town shows up early.

I'll keep you all posted!  ;D

Lyn

Re: Oh Geez.. Do I really need another kitty? Update 2!
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2008, 09:08:55 am »
I hope so too!

She said he's normally a pretty reserved kitty with people he doesn't know and since he approached us for lovin in the pet store she said that's a good sign.

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2008, 09:15:23 am »
I hope her company from out of town gets delayed and you get your opportunity - it has certainly been a roller coaster for you!!

Best of luck!!

Randy and Harley

Offline TINKSMOM

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2008, 10:03:04 am »
YYYYYYYYYYYYEE EEEEEEEEEEEEAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAH HHHHHHHHHH!

I knew it would work out. Persistance is the key.

You must send picts as soon as you get him.

Boomer can be noisy too when he wants something. I think he probably is getting tired of being shuffled around and wants to tell someone about it. Have him checked but I am sure he is fine.

Let us know when he gets there.
My name is Lori.

Mom to
Tinkerbear (lab/kom mix)
Harley (Newfy/Saint mix)

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2008, 10:48:47 pm »
Well???
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline TINKSMOM

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2008, 05:52:03 am »
OK Where are the picts???????????

You're killin me!
My name is Lori.

Mom to
Tinkerbear (lab/kom mix)
Harley (Newfy/Saint mix)

Lyn

« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2008, 08:29:21 am »
Sorry for keeping you all in suspense. Yes the kitten is mine mine mine! ;D

Turns out he is a she but that's ok. LOL Her birthday is approximately March 17th so she's just under 4 months old. As for the crying and being vocal.. HA! The only time she makes a peep is when she's hungry or when you pick her up. Definitely not excessive.

She's never been around dogs before so I was working on that with Lola since she's much more mellow than Bubba. The first meeting Lola was met with a swat and a hiss, lol. But she's much calmer with Lola now. Bubba is another story.. He's so excited and I'm worried he'll step on her. You can just see it in his eyes KITTY, KITTY, KITTY, KITTY. LMAO The poor kitten is like ahhhhhh get away from me, so she runs and Bubba follows. He just wants to drench her in slobber and cuddle with her but he's too loud and fast so she's like pee off.. 

Sooo the kitten is upstairs for the time being (Yes my father is already beginning to claim her, lol).. until Bubba calms down enough to be properly introduced to her. He sees her in passing when we go upstairs to go outside to potty. He looks for her right away and I have to drag him outside. LOL

I did take some pics but they are a bit dark, no flash because it freaked her out a bit. But I'll attach them.  ;)

Lyn

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2008, 08:58:26 am »
Thanks for the suggestions, I may only be able to gate off the hallway but at least it's somewhere for her to go.

I usually spend most of my time downstairs but I've been sitting up there quite a bit with Lola hence my late update. I'll put the gate up bring Bubba up in a bit and see if I can get him to settle down some.

I put her in a carrier yesterday and Bubba whined and whined and whined but he did lay down and relax. So I opened the carrier and as soon as she comes out he get's all worked up again. I didn't think he'd be this much of a pain in the rear. lol

Edited to add... Nope no name yet.. any suggestions?  ;)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 08:59:07 am by Lyn »

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2008, 10:19:04 am »
YAY!!! OMG, soooo cute!!! I want to smoosh my face into her furry little self!!!! Oh, she is well worth the wait. So it's funny that he's a she. How about Mister Sister? ::)
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline TINKSMOM

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2008, 10:41:31 am »
How about naming her "Trouble" because of all you went through to get her or "Lucky" because of all she went through being thrown out and tossed around. It would be cool to come up with something reflective of what both of you went through to be together. I will have to think about it some more. What do you all think?
My name is Lori.

Mom to
Tinkerbear (lab/kom mix)
Harley (Newfy/Saint mix)

Offline MagicM3

• Paw-meister
  • *Sir William
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2008, 11:34:09 am »
So happy to hear that you got her...she is a real cutie..
as far as names go..good luck...we named that little one we saved the day after mothers day Rysa which means *laughter*simply because she makes us laugh all the time..
I have a book with 2001 names and looked it up..so as you get to know her I'm sure that names will come to you..they usually name themselves..bu t if I can help let me know..

Congrads on the new one..

Tricia and the fur kids

Lyn

« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2008, 02:09:09 pm »
Another pic! She's sleeping on my son's chest. She's been wandering around the house crying until someone picks her up and cuddles her.

Thanks for the name suggestions. At this point it's difficult to pick one that fits her. I might have to wait until her personality comes out a bit more. But she definitely needs a big/strong name.

She's definitely part Russian blue though, she has the purple-ish foot pads which is a breed trait.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 02:11:32 pm by Lyn »

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2008, 03:49:56 pm »
How about Molly as in Molly Bloom (St.Patty's Day) or Quinn, another good Irish name :) She is way too cute, she could come here anytime.

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2008, 04:30:55 pm »
Awwwww, congratulation s!  She's a beautiful little girl and she reminds me so much of my parents' old kitty (RIP) named Bonnie Blue.  She was a total sweetie too and full of personality.   :-*
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees