Author Topic: Newfie pup in Texas (on petfinder)  (Read 6707 times)

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Newfie pup in Texas (on petfinder)
« on: February 14, 2007, 08:26:37 pm »
OK - so hubby won't let me have a mastiff - how about a newfie - I doubt it.  But he is loosening up on another dog but would like to rescue an older puppy.

So I was searching petfinder for newfie mixes and came up with this way cute pup but it is in Texas :-\.

Unfortunately I don't know how to do a link to petfinder but her name is Darla I think if you do a search on that you could find her.

Randy

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Newfie pup in Texas (on petfinder)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 08:29:24 pm »
Is this the girl?
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=7863274

She is adorable! Good luck getting another puppy! ;D
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 08:32:11 pm »
Is this the girl?
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=7863274

She is adorable! Good luck getting another puppy! ;D

Yes that is her thank you so much for the link!!  Isn't she sooo cute.

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 06:12:44 am »
Hey Randy,

I'm right here in Houston if you need me to get her.  I'm working really odd hours right now for some construction stuff so I only check in about once a day right now and then don't get to post.  But thought I would offer since I saw this.  Same goes for anyone else that may be interested.  Just pm me. 

Kat
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 09:25:21 am »
Kat,

I just PM'd you but I am not sure if you will get it do some technical difficulties with the board.

This is a copy of what I sent:

Kat,

Thank you so much for your kind offer - I am thinking about it.  I called the center today 10:00 Eastern time and got no answer I'll try again in an hour or so to see if she is still available.

I just can't figure out how to get this sweetie from Texas to Rochester NY - quite a long distance!! 

Harley my flat coat is from texas (outside of Houston) but he came on a relatively warm day in December so he flew just fine - We are having temps in the single digits here.

Also, the application seems extensive I don't know if they would do an adoption from out of state.

I can't get my mind off this cutie!!  I will let you know if she is still available once I speak to them.

Thanks again
Randy

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 10:07:29 am »
Hi Randy,

We're in northeastern Oklahoma and would love to help with transport.  Please keep us in mind if we can help.

Jessica

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2007, 10:12:17 am »
I am on school break next week.  OK can't let my mind get ahead of me. 

Randy

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2007, 02:15:52 pm »
Well she is still available - must have looked at her photo 50 times today - why is such a cutie still available??

I know I have seen these discussion before but does anyone know about air transport??  Acckkk my sister was in florida this week she could have brought him home and Florida is alot closer to Texas than Rochester...wh y couldn't I have found a dog in NY State??

I don't know if road transport is possible because it is soooo far.

Thanks for advise anyone can give.
Randy & Harley

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2007, 04:20:34 pm »
Only advice I have to offer is that I am in Southeast Kansas and could transport all the way up to the Kansas City, MO area if needed, but not next week as I will be out of town.
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2007, 05:28:57 pm »
She is such a cutie. Have you considered flying down and bringing the pup back in the cabin? She should still be small enough.  You may be able to get a deal on a flight.  Let us know how it works out.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2007, 08:03:36 pm »
I am also in Texas, North Texas, but still in the same state, if we could get her to the Dallas area, I could help with transport from Dallas. Something else to consider, ny husand is a truck driver- he gets trips as far north as Chicago and as far east as NC. We just never know in advance when he is going to get one of those trips, so thats the biggest problem. He also goes to Missouri and Tennessee ( just not NY) so if you can adopt her we will help in any way possible to get her to you and yes she is gorgeous!!!!

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2007, 09:45:32 pm »
I didn't get a pm but I did come on to check and see how things are going with her.  If you adopt her, she can stay here until we figure out transport.  I do know that airlines have a cold temperature cut-off just like they have a heat cut-off.  It would just depend on who you wanted to fly with.  Delta flies out of Houston but all flights go through their hub in Atlanta.  Southwest also flies out of Houston and might have a straight flight in to an airport close to you.  Let me know how I can help.  I don't mind at all and would love to help both you and her out. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2007, 11:04:50 pm »
Thank you everyone for you help and encouragement I am still trying to work thru this.  My son is having his 4 wisdom teeth taken out tomorrow so I won't be working so maybe I can do some investigating into further transport.

Kat, the PMing doesn't seem to be working so I would so appreciate it if you get a minute to check this post and I will keep you updated - I will try to PM I'm sure the problem is being worked on!  By the way how far are you from the Humane Society?

You know I never thought of flying down so I checked the fares and they aren't horrible - problem: (OK its a secret) I HATE to fly, I do fly out of necessity I thought maybe hubby would but I must be delusional!

I will keep in touch

Thanks again
Randy

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2007, 07:48:55 am »
Oh Randy....Darla is gorgeous!  I believe that sometimes rescues are those 'meant to be with you' kind of situations.  My Barkley had been in the SPCA for almost 7 weeks by the time I found out about him.  Keep the faith!
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2007, 07:53:15 am »
I'm about an hour and half away from the humane society that she is at.  Maybe shorter or longer depending on traffic around here.  If you want to email me my email is kefowler@gmail.com.  I'll be headed into work later this afternoon at some point.  I haven't really decided since it's my day off. 

Kat
Kaila - Belgian Malinois