Author Topic: I Miss Them So Much!  (Read 3459 times)

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
I Miss Them So Much!
« on: August 28, 2005, 07:02:15 pm »
I keep thinking about the fosters that we've rescued and rehomed. Especially the ones that we're very special to me!(I loved ALL of them though!)
A couple of the very special ones we're
Suzie an emaciated St. Bernard, she was so gentle and just so sweet. I loved her and still do, she's definetly someone I won't forget. She went to go live with a Lawyer and was renamed Lacey, right?
Wally an adorable and gentle Irish Setter, I loved walking him around the block because he had such good manners! I know he went to a nice home with 2 English Setters.
Baby an adorable, sweet, and playful pug. She was the sweetest thing and had the worst hip problems! Her hips would pop out of place if she played to much, luckily a nice couple adopted her and paid the expense for her to get her hip fixed.
Sammie A gorgeous Cocker Spaniel Mix we found wandering down the High Way. She was so sweet and so shy! There are 2 things I remember most about her. She had the most gorgeous eyes I have ever seen! They were crystal blue, I could have looked at them all day and she NEVER barked, if she had something to say she howled and that was that! I know she was adopted out by a nice family with 2 boys.
Louie a timid but sweet dalmatian. He was so funny and loved to play! He was adopted by a couple and the woman works as a dog trainer for their PetsMart so he's in good hands.
Gary Bull Terrier Mix, he was so hyper and fun to play with, sadly I don't know what happened to him, we had to send him to the Humane Society, so hopefully he got adopted out.
Essy A gorgeous Pit Bull that my mom found abandoned  with another pit(he sadly died), she was so sweet and I mean not even aggressive with her food and she was emaciated!She was adopted out by a couple on a farm, in Ohio, they have a variety of animals.. skunks, horses, a bull terrier, cows, and some others.
Dolly an adorable Tea Cup Chihuahua, that really was the sweetest little dog I ever met! She was adopted out by a nurse that works at our vet's office.
Cheespa now known as Sara. A badly abused chihuahua that we rescued, her brother was thrown into a cooking pot and killed from the hot water, she was an outside dog and MEAN! After about a years work with her, she became a very sweet girl and now lives with one of my best friends so I get to see her often. She really amazed me, she came a long way, the poor gal went through a lot.
Jazzy a sweet and hyper Jack Russel that came back to us 3 times until he found his forever home! I loved that dog a lot, he was so cool to play with, my friends and I played with him all the time(yes I was younger when we had him, like 10)

I have a lot more and each one touched me in a different way, I'll never forget them and they all have a place in my heart. Such great dogs, I really do wish I could have kept them all! :)

edit: wanted to add one more dog and had to fix a lot of typos!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2005, 08:59:41 pm by dober_gurl »
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

GYPSY JAZMINE

Re: I Miss Them So Much!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2005, 07:12:16 pm »
I keep thinking about the fosters that we've rescued and rehomed. Especially the ones that we're very special to me!(I loved ALL of them though!)
A couple of the very special ones we're
Suzie an emaciated St. Bernard, she was so gentle and just so sweet. I loved her and still do, she's definetly someone I won't forget. She went to go live with a Lawyer and was renamed Lacey, right?
Wally an adorable and gentle Irish Setter, I loved walking him around the block because he had such good manners! I know he went to a nice home with 2 English Setters.
Baby an adorable, sweet, and playful pug. She was the sweetest thing and had the worst hip problems! Her hips would pop out of place if she played to much, luckily a nice couple adopted her and paid the expense for her to get her hip fixed.
SammieA gorgeous Cocker Spaniel Mix we found wandering down the High Way. She was so sweet and so shy! There are 2 things I remember most about her. She had the most gorgeous eyes I have ever seen! They were crystal blue, I could have looked at them all day and she NEVER barked, if she had something to say she howled and that was that! I know she was adopted out by a nice family with 2 boys.
Louiea timid but sweet dalmatian. He was so funny and loved to play! He was adopted by a couple and the woman works as a dog trainer for their PetsMart so he's in good hands.
GaryBull Terrier Mix, he was so hyper and fun to play with, sadly I don't know what happened to him, we had to send him to the Humane Society, so hopefully he got adopted out.
EssyA gorgeous Pit Bull that my mom found abandoned  with another pit(he sadly died), she was so sweet and I mean not even aggressive with her food and she was emaciated!She was adopted out by a couple on a farm, in Ohio, they have a variety of animals.. skunks, horses, a bull terrier, cows, and some others.
Dollyan adorable Tea Cup Chihuahua, that really was the sweetest little dog I ever met! She was adopted out by a nurse that works at our vet's office.
Cheespanow known as Sara. A badly abused chihuahua that we rescued, her brother was thrown into a cooking pot and killed from the hot water, she was an outside dog and MEAN! After about a years work with her, she became a very sweet girl and now lives with one of my best friends so I get to see her often. She really amazed me, she came a long way, the poor gal went through a lot.

I have a lot more and each one touched me in a different way, I'll never forget them and they all have a place in my heart. Such great dogs, I really do wish I could have kept them all! :)
"To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before" :) They all sound like they were great dogs!...That's why I can't get into formal rescue...I couldn't let any of them go!...Out of my 13 animals 9 of them are rescues of some sort...I commend you for having the true grit & heart that it takes to do what you do! :)

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2005, 08:25:32 pm »
Wow!  How wonderful that you have helped so many!  I'll bet you do miss them though.  They sound wonderful.  Kudos to you for doing so much good.   :)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2005, 08:37:01 pm »
What a terrific person you are. It is wonderful to know that there are such caring souls out there. Keep up the good work.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Icerotti

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2005, 08:41:46 pm »
That is great -all the work you have done. You have a very big Heart. Thank you ;D