Author Topic: This bites but Pippin will not be starting obedience classes tomorrow  (Read 10340 times)

Offline sarnewfie

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • HarborWinds Newfoundlands and Stain Glass
Re: This bites but Pippin will not be starting obedience classes tomorrow
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2005, 10:53:50 pm »
do you have classes thru the 4-H or thru a local kennel club?
i would hesitate to do them ata shelter.
though the money is great for them, i would opt for maybe a bit safer alternative.
good luck and thanx for the good thoughts on hadley.
that was truly a very hard loss for me.
something i never would wish anyone go thru.
Photography by Christine
http://harborwinds.fototime.com/PHOTOS FOR ORDERS

HarborWinds Newfoundlands&Search and Rescue
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Haven/4505

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2005, 04:22:31 am »
No, not through 4H...I don't know about local kennel clubs...One lady I checked out I didn't personally care for & 1 trainer near here I wouldn't go to if you paid me to!...She is all about force in training...not for us at all!...Both of my guys are vaccinated to the hilt for what I can vaccinate for but then things like this new virus come up. :( I am going to take a wait & see approach...I'll see if I am more comfortable the next time classes start for Pippin & Samson is enrolled in adult classes after the hoildays...If it is safe by then I might just put both guys in the adult class if they'll let me & enlist my husbands help for the digs...W all go to classes anyway but I'm not sure if it would work to have both dogs in the same class...Any ideas or input on that anyone?

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2005, 04:42:02 am »
I took Sugar Bear and Dixie to the same class.  Most classed I had my granddaughter (9 yrs) helping me with the two. Some of the classes where it was just me the teacher Amber would help me out.  My thinking was most of the time I will have them together so they need to be able to take my commands together.  It was lots of fun having two Great Pyrenees at Petsmart at the same time.  Most days were were there two plus hours and the class was only one hrour.

Lis
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

GR8DAME

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2005, 05:22:04 am »
Different breed, but we had two of our dobermans in advanced class at the same time, the older one for a brush-up and the younger for the first time. It worked out well for us, we just stayed on separate sides of the room so the boys could not see or touch each other. There were about 20 other dogs in the class so they were too distracted by them to worry about each other.
Stella