Author Topic: Wooly Dobie  (Read 2366 times)

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Wooly Dobie
« on: December 17, 2006, 01:28:20 am »
I came across her when I was checking out the Illinois Doberman Rescue site. Too cute! ;D

During the last ice age, as the world's oceans receded and ice caps advanced to cover the earth, a land bridge was formed over the Bering straight. Across this bridge came an array of Pleistocene megafauna, fierce mammals such as the Mastodon, Saber Toothed Tiger, Giant Sloth and of course the Wooley Mammoth. But the most adorable of these ancient beasts had to have been the notorious "Wooley Doberman"...
This adorable girl was dropped at a shelter and bailed out by IDR's Indianapolis volunteer. She is obviously a mix, but with what? She looks just like a Dobe, with a docked tail and her very own winter coat. She is quite malnourished at 45 pounds and will look great once she gets some weight on her. She is so soft to the touch. Wooley Daisy is 2 years old and needs some to learn some boundaries and obedience, but all in all is a very affectionate, sweet dog. For more information on this unusual but adorable girl email Mark at ObsidianIntl@aol.com

http://ildoberescue.com/displayDog.php?id=122
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Icerotti

Re: Wooly Dobie
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 10:58:31 am »
What a pretty girl..hope she finds a happy home soon.

Anakalia

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 10:18:21 pm »
OMG she's adorable!!  I can't get over her fluffy ears they are way too cute!!  I've never ever seen a dobie like that.  I hope she can find a forever home soon!

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 03:29:14 am »
OMG - she is sooooo cute! those ears are too much!  :)

Kirsti

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 03:30:33 am »
awww, she's too cute! I love her fur!
hope she finds a forever home soon
~K

Offline mynameislola

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 07:10:19 pm »
Ditto on the cuteness.  The linked site that has her also has an excellent checklist of traits.  If we were still fostering, I'd ask to use it.
The canine kids:
     Cody Newfoundland
     Wally Italian Mastiff
     Zita Italian Mastiff
     Sparky Chihuahua