Author Topic: I need you help please  (Read 2467 times)

Krista I

I need you help please
« on: January 06, 2007, 03:53:06 pm »
My dog hasn't pooped since tuesday, is there anything I can give him that will make him poop???  My vet wont be in until monday, and he needs to poop now.  Please, any suggestions at all...

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: I need you help please
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 04:05:56 pm »
pumpkin puree not the filling kind there should be a thread here somehwere ~ 'healthy fix for dia..'posted Jan 4 in general forum
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 04:11:44 pm by LibbyP »
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 04:32:17 pm »
I would suggest trying pumpkin puree too. Fiber helps alleviate constipation, and pumpkin is high in fiber (it's also great for diahrea which is pretty ironic). You can buy it in the baking aisle (make sure you dont get the pie mix though) and then just give him a tablespoon or so at each meal. You can either stick the rest in a jar in the fridge or freeze it in ice cube trays.
RIP former BPO

Krista I

Re: I need your help please
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 05:01:59 pm »
He's peeing, but he seems depressed, and I don't know why.  I'm definitely taking him to the vet, but unfortuneately I can't bring him until monday, cause that's when the vet gets back into town.  I'm going to try the pumpkin, I hope it works, the poor boy, he's so pitiful looking. 

Offline mynameislola

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 05:42:41 pm »
Is there a 24-hour-vet in your area?  If that were my dog I'd want an X-ray now.

If you are absolutely certain it has not had a bowel movement for that long a time, I'd also not feed it in case there is an obstruction.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 05:44:15 pm by mynameislola »
The canine kids:
     Cody Newfoundland
     Wally Italian Mastiff
     Zita Italian Mastiff
     Sparky Chihuahua

Krista I

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2007, 01:22:56 pm »
I am HAPPY to say that my dog has pooped today, and it was a BIG one lol... PHEWWW, I was really worried about him.  He's fine now, and thank you all for the great advice. :)