Author Topic: Thanks For Being Here!  (Read 12157 times)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks For Being Here!
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2005, 10:19:55 pm »
I know what you mean gypsy. I miss each and every pet I have lost throughout the years. But the feeling of him still being there has been sooooo true two times. First one a dane boy who we had to put down when he got too sick in cancer.  The secone our big lover Hercules when he went to the bridge after an accident. Maybe because both of them were premature, they didnt have to go, it was not fair (not that is ever is) But I heard the dane boy months after he passed. I heard him get up from the floor, shake his head and his ears flopping around (not cropped) and it was sooo real I had to go look.

All the dogs I lost in sweden are in a grave yard for pets. have their own grave and it is a wonderful place to go to and sit on a bench and smell all the flowers and bushes. Here our Harley and Hercules are in our yard, in a fav. spot under the biggest tree in the yard with head stones that tell they how much we miss and love them. I go there and talk to them from time to time and I KNOW they can hear me, and I am sure they laugh at me every time I trip on the big roots from the tree. I am a dork though, not I am crying again  :'(

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

dohertyswissy

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2005, 10:25:17 am »
I am so sorry to hear of all of your losses.  I know that they are waiting patiently for each of you at the bridge.  I lost the dog that I grew up with 6 years ago and I still miss Katie everyday.  I swear, everytime I walk into my parent's house, I expect to see her run to the door to greet me.  She's in my heart though.

Hugs to All.

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2005, 11:21:01 am »
Well, it has taken me this long to be able to look at this thread without crying again, and then as soon as I looked at it - I cried again.  Good thing I don't share an office here at work!  Thanks to everyone who said nice things, like I said above, I am glad you guys are around...

Marsi
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2005, 05:16:48 pm »
My heart goes out to you newflvr, what a terrible ordeal that must have been and still is.  Even though their lives were cut short I am sure that they had the greatest with you :)

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2005, 08:08:45 pm »
I lost two really great pets when I was a kid.  Our Old English Sheepdog was poisoned by the weed spraying guys and our persian kitty got into the dryer!  Both were horrible deaths and they suffered so much!  My parents never did get another dog for us after and the cats that came and went couldn't compare.  I had to be careful when I decided to bring an animal into my children's lives because I didn't want them to suffer the loss of a loved one like I did.  After weighing the pros and cons I decided that it was better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.  Now we have two guinea pigs (nicker hates) and our beloved Leo and I hope the pigs go first!!!  LOL  I can't imagine what I would do if I didn't have to step over that big lug 50 times a day :-\  I think a memorial on here would be great and good closure for some.

nickerbokker

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2005, 11:48:21 am »
yes...i do hate them natty. 

newflvr-it is nice to see you here again.  i was just thinking the other day about that oh so kind lady who emiled me, and i was just going to email her back this week to give her updates, and then i saw your post and it hit me....THATS YOU!

thank you for sharing your story with us.  although i didnt ever want to read this thread, i did today, and it actually helps.  not only does sharing our stories help us to grieve, but reading them helps me cope with the loss of my dog three years ago that i still and probably not ever will get over.   just to know that there are other people who understand, other people that care so much...and more importantly, care about eachother individually, means so much.. for some sick reason lol, it helps me to know that if i were to talk about my beloved tyler, you all would understand and you would feel a little of what i feel.  and believe me, having lost my retriever after 3 short years is something that helps me to understand the pain you feel.  he didnt have hip sockets on either side (they were just floating around in there, aparently, another puppy from his litter had the same problem)...but he never showed pain.  actually, we didnt even know there was anything wrong with his hips until about 2 weeks before he did when they just happened to see it on Xrays. we ended up losing him to lymphoma, and there is not a single day that i do not think about him, and picture him in my head.  he is in photos all over my apartment, in my heart, and yes, in a box in my bedroom.  i haven't found a place to let him rest yet, and to be honest, i am not ready to let him go.  i have the angel, and the devil LOL....but i still cant let my tyler go. 

i would love to talk with you again, and love even more to get together one of these days for coffee and a play date!  keep in touch!

i lurve all you wierd dog people! LOL

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2005, 12:23:26 pm »
 :'(  Oh my. These storys are so touching. I cried reading them. My heart goes out to everyone for there losses.
Only here can I be reminded of our Lady.Lady was our childhood pet. She was an amazing dog and I will never forget her.She is buried by a big tree on our old farm. I sometimes wish I could go visit her. Im not sure if the tree is still there. Or who owns the farm. I may just go for a ride this weekend to go see her. THANK YOU!!!  :'( K Im crying again!!
 Its really funny because I waited for years to get a dog. I never thought I was a dog person at all. I too pondered getting a St. for my kids. I really didnt know if I wanted them to feel the pain of loosing a dog. But you know I thought the St. would proove to be thier best companion and protector. Judge has shown that already. Oh yes I AM A DOG PERSON!! ;D
 NATs
 IT IS  better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all. I think showing your children compassion is the best thing for them. Us too. You cant NOT love for fear of loss. Life isnt like that.
Thank you all for bringing back memories. Good and bad. These dogs will live forever, sharing there stories keeps them alive in us all.
 :-* Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2005, 02:01:49 pm »
Thanks!  All us weird dog people love you too!  And a play date would be grand! Chester needs PALS!!!!  Cowboy is having such a tough time (DAMN!!!  I hope I won't have to go through this again!!).  He had a seizure on Sunday and Chester  barked his silly head off to tell us that something was serioulsy wrong with his best bud!  I was gone, but two of my sons did the deal (rectal valium!!).  Now I owe them BIG time!!!

Are you going to go the So. CAl beach get together on July 30?  I'm going to try!

nickerbokker

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2005, 02:50:57 pm »
oh you just MUST go!  i am going to be there FOR SURE!!!!  drunk and with dogs! so you must come!  we are going to have SOO much fun!

i am SOOO sorry to hear about your baby!  that is VERY scary!  i do not know how i could deal with that!  it would kill me!  but the good news is that you are a VERY good mom, and you will be there to take care of him and make him better! 

i cannot wait to meet with you!  we have to set up a play date!  let me know when and we'll be there!

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2005, 06:24:17 pm »
My 'puter has died....all it's little electronic legs are in the air and it took it's last gasp!  I don't know when the new 'puter will arrive so participation is going to be iffy....beside s, it's time I got off my rear end and brushed the babies!!!

Love to all you guys!