Author Topic: I JUST SURVIVED MY FIRST EARTHQUAKE....AND THE DOGS SLEPT  (Read 16730 times)

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: I JUST SURVIVED MY FIRST EARTHQUAKE....AND THE DOGS SLEPT
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2005, 07:29:38 am »
Now you surived your seconde earthquake.... And you didn't even notice!  Good job predicting a second one this week!  I was starting to think you have ESP...  then I got ahold of myself. ;D

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2005, 05:04:10 pm »
When I was driving home from a work event last night, I turned on the car radio only to find out that San Diego was under a TSUNAMI WARNING from a big earthquake off the California coast!  Talk about weird (and frightening!).  Of course, by the time I got home, it had been cancelled, but still...

Newflvr, where are you located??
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2005, 09:51:51 pm »
The Newfs and I live on the Palos Verdes Peninsula.  I missed both earthquakes!  and the Newfs never noticed either.  So much for being super sensitive!

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2005, 11:38:08 pm »
Wow I am out of town right now.  I was so frustrated the other day because just when I finished posting, I decided to look at the earthquake site and BOOM we had just had a 7.0 out to sea west of Crescent City.  I figured this is SPOOKY and I tried to post immediately but I could not get a post in.  I tried and tried, it got so frustrating.  I wonder if that was the big one that was predicted or is it still coming this week.  I think we should all watch our animals.  My sister in Willits said she felt the shaker pretty good and it lasted a long time.  We did not feel it in Fresno, too far away.  Here is the site again, they just updated it and you can post if you felt it. 
http://quake.wr.usgs.gov/recenteqs/
Peggy

nickerbokker

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2005, 02:55:35 pm »
well...i think we just had ANOTHER ONE TODAY AT 1:55....OR FELT SOMEONE ELSE'S SHOCK....

CUZ I WAS JUST A SHAKIN!

HOLY MOLY!!!!!!!!  ITS NOT A GOOD WEEK LOL.....

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2005, 03:14:28 pm »
Here's an article I just read about it  http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&u=/ap/20050616/ap_on_re_us/california_earthquake_3  

"The 1:53 p.m. quake had a preliminary magnitude of 5.3 and was centered near Yucaipa in San Bernardino County east of Los Angeles, according to the automated seismic network operated by the     U.S. Geological Survey, California Institute of Technology and other institutions"

Wow 3rd one this week... busy week for you guys..    :)
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

nickerbokker

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2005, 03:17:22 pm »
it said it hit at 1:53....and i felt it at 1:55 on my computer clock!

you shoudla seen my fishbowl LOL  poor fish...

again...with the dogs...nothing .  they were drinking water.

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2005, 03:26:47 pm »
haha  thats pretty funny.  Well at least they're not going nuts destroying the apartment cause they're freaked out   :)     maybe they know its a normal nature thing...   
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2005, 04:16:52 pm »
DOUBLE WOW.  Just got back and heard the news about a few hours ago.  I was in the air at the time (don't think we can feel it up there hee hee).  This is very interesting, what Nick told us has come true and may continue.  I have lived in earthquake country all my life and this is the closest I have seen that they predicted them.  Maybe they are on to something.  Has anybody in California had animals that have acted strangly?
Peggy

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2005, 12:59:47 am »
FLASH it is now Thursday night before midnight and getting ready for bed, one last check on the USGS site and BOOM another 6.9 quake off the coast of Ferndale.  This is wierd and more wierd - I have never seen so many, so close together, not aftershocks. And my dog is still not acting strange.  Better hit the hay and see what goes tomorrow. 
Peggy

nickerbokker

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2005, 01:57:17 am »
LMAO...ITS TRUE.

ya know...im startin to believe that california JUST MIGHT actually break off from the united states and go a floatin'!  LOL   ahhhhhhhhhh

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2005, 11:21:51 am »
Heard about another earthquake over there again!  You guys OK!?  You should break out the paddles so you can steer California in the right direction...sa y toward the Bahama's?

dohertyswissy

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2005, 11:47:12 am »
OMG - I just read about the quake too, Lins.

That is it - I am sending you all an earthquake/tsunami care packages with helmets for falling debris, water wings for the pooches, and life rafts so you can all paddle over here to the east coast (Land of Hurricane Season) and bunk with me and Ranger when California breaks off of the U.S.

Seriously, though, are you guys okay?!?!?!?!  I am worried!!!!

Hugs,
Heather 

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2005, 11:51:50 am »
I think we can all find room for the doggies and people if they need a place to bunk and park the dog houses.  :)   
The news didn't say it was a terribly severe quake...but shake the ground under me once and I'll call it severe. 
We here in Michigan prefer our tornados.
Let us know guys if you're OK!

dohertyswissy

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2005, 11:58:06 am »
Oh....and I'll be sure to include some wine in there for the paddle over.....  ;)