Author Topic: ANY COMPUTER SAVVY BPOERS......HEEEEELLLLLPP!!!  (Read 1945 times)

Offline shine

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
ANY COMPUTER SAVVY BPOERS......HEEEEELLLLLPP!!!
« on: December 22, 2007, 01:14:23 pm »
I am posting this to the general board because I want it to be seen by as many people as possible. 

The other day I was going through my pictures on my computer and weeding out the ones I didn't want any more....and I think I accidentally wiped out all my pet pictures!!!  I didn't realize it until yesterday...by which time I had already emptied my Recycle Bin. 

I got one of those programs that claims it can retrieve deleted files....but it seems to just be coming up with bullsh!t temporary internet files. 

I am sooooooooooo upset.  This was a folder in My Documents that had 4 subfolders...D ogs, Cats, Pigs,and Other Animals.  Almost EVERY picture taken of my pets in the past 4 years was in it.  Many pictures of my beloved Samson, my Malamute that I lost last year.  These pictures are very dear to me.  I feel like such a schmuck for not having more of them backed up on disk....just another one of those things I always mean to get around to but didn't. 

Does anyone here know any way that I can retrieve these files???
Sharing my life and love with
Bodhi - Newfoundland
Rio - Loyal Lab/Beagle Mix
Zildjian - Dalmatian
Dolly - Weird Hound Mix
Stubby - Weird Corgi Mix
Ribbit - Grumpy Cocker Mix
House Cats - Bump, Delilah, Stashe, Mischa, Moose
Barn Cats - Archie, Betty, Midge
The Pigs - Ginger & Marianne

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
Re: ANY COMPUTER SAVVY BPOERS......HEEEEELLLLLPP!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 01:40:23 pm »
I'm not sure if this will work....(I'm not very computer savvy myself).....but maybe you could try the system restore function (if you have windows. If you have a mac...no clue!) I think it is only supposed to restore your computer on settings and things you've downloaded...b ut it wouldnt hurt to try it!
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Lyn

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 02:59:31 pm »
3 years ago I lost all my pics in a hard drive crash. I managed to recover some but I lost the majority of them. :'(

Unfortunately system restore won't recover image files. :( I tried it when I lost my pics. You need a data recovery program. The newer programs might let you pick to just recover the image files it finds so you don't have to weed through all the other crap. The files will be renamed so you'll have to check through each one.

Offline shine

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 03:08:32 pm »
I was wondering if the files found would have different names....becau se I am not seeing any that have the names I gave to them (zillycouch.jpg ...bodhixmas.j pg...stuff like that).  I tried setting filters so the program would only retrieve .jpg files, but it has still come up with about 30,000!!  I hope my pictures are in there somewhere...so far I have only found the temporary internet files....it will take me forever to got through everything, but it's worth it if I can find my pictures....
Sharing my life and love with
Bodhi - Newfoundland
Rio - Loyal Lab/Beagle Mix
Zildjian - Dalmatian
Dolly - Weird Hound Mix
Stubby - Weird Corgi Mix
Ribbit - Grumpy Cocker Mix
House Cats - Bump, Delilah, Stashe, Mischa, Moose
Barn Cats - Archie, Betty, Midge
The Pigs - Ginger & Marianne

Lyn

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2007, 03:15:26 pm »
Yup it's a long frustrating process. "Click,Grrrr,Delete.. next.. I was about ready to give up until I found the first picture. Then I was on a mission to find the rest. LOL I think it took me about 3 weeks to sort through them all.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2007, 11:05:54 pm »
did you go to your recycle bin and restore the deleted folder?