Author Topic: There's still something wrong...  (Read 1285 times)

Kiahpyr

There's still something wrong...
« on: September 22, 2005, 02:33:54 am »
Kiah is still not herself. She was puking so I took food away for 24 hours. Then slowly gave her food throughout yesterday. She kept most of it down except for last night before bed. Then when I got up this morning I had surprises waiting for me. Kiah pooped twice & peed once within 8 hours. The poop was normal. I put her outside after seeing the icky mess. When I brought her back in she peed right in front of me. I was so mad. I put her outside again. Kiah is housebroken and has been for months now. I don't know what's wrong, but this is very unlike her. She acts totally normal. Hasn't touched any food yet today though. At noon when I put her out she had diarreha. I called the vet and the vet wants a fecal sample and wants to put her on special food for a couple of days. I think it's ID or something like that. Then put her back on Iams. Currently she's eating half Iams half Canidae. I wanted to switch her over to Canidae. The vet thinks it's the Canidae dog food. Any ideas on what it could be? I go to the vet this afternoon. I also give glucosamine supplements. Could that possibly be a problem as well?

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: There's still something wrong...
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 02:44:45 am »
I've never heard of any problems with glucosamine... .I've been giving Cowboy Cosequin for well over a year and he's never had a problem!  It could very well be the food.  That's the reason for switching over so slowly...good job on that!  ID is SO bland you may have to hand feed it to get her to eat it.

I do think with there are stomach problems, they just lose control all over !  Hopefully she'll get back on schedule with the ID!  Poof Kiah.  She must be feeling truly awful to do that!!  and POOOR YOU!  UCK!!!!