Author Topic: Anyone have a Dyson?  (Read 4165 times)

GYPSY JAZMINE

Anyone have a Dyson?
« on: June 22, 2005, 09:48:03 pm »
O.k...I am already thinking ahead to X-mas...lol...but I think I want a Dyson vaccum cleaner...The "Animal" model...Does anyone have one?...Do they work as good as they say?...Over $500.00 is alot to shell out if they don't work as well as claimed!...I have 8 cats, 2 house bunnies & a house dog...Until I can go back to the hardwood floors that are under my carpet something has to give!

Offline 4everblu

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Lord help me be the person my dog thinks I am.
    • View Profile
    • The Spotted Dog
Re: Anyone have a Dyson?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 09:56:49 pm »
A shop Vac will do the job and save you about 400$
Please Visit "The Spotted Dog" for  Personalized Doggie signatures and graphics.  http://forums.delphiforums.com/ourdogs/start

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 10:00:52 pm »
AH-HA!...I wondered about that!...I already have a 'critter hair" Shop Vac & a "bunny poop" Shop Vac...Sometime s I hook the shop vac hose into the regular vac & pull it around like a puppy...lol!

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2005, 10:08:35 pm »
Not only will a Shop Vac vacuum vacuum the hair off of a dog it will off of a cat too...I have 2 cats that will let me Shp Vac them...Those are damn good cats right there!

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2005, 10:17:30 pm »
Yeah, I understand, I have 6 other cats that would take my eyes out too!...I got a visual on your post & I am LMAO! ;D

Offline deafdanelvr

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2005, 08:28:31 am »
I have the animal dyson. I think it works very well. I am amazed how much hair it sucks up. I like having the canister that you can empty after every use because it cuts out the doggy smell that you get when you use a vac. with bags.

awo

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2005, 06:02:00 pm »
I also have a dyson and LOVE IT!  I have a saint and three cats, I thought I had a clean carpet until I got that vaccum.  I have the yellow one because it has the most suction power, you can also go on ebay and get them cheaper as well.

awo

Offline lil rufus

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2005, 12:50:57 pm »
We got one for our wedding so fortunately we did not have to fork out the $400.
We love it!!!!  Even our neighbors stop by to borrow it about once a month....you would be amazed of how much it picks up. 
I would suggest to just get the regular dyson...the only thing that makes it "animal" is the extra attachments, which we really don't use that often.
Good Luck!

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2005, 01:58:39 pm »
I think I will ask Santa for one!...I need another vac anyway so I don't have to lug the one I have up 2 or 3 levels....Ty everyone!

BabsT

We have the dyson canister
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2005, 07:49:39 pm »
and we 100% love it...we have a thick coated dog and a long hair cat...my hubby who is an engineer is amazed with it...it also sucks up the pollens and doesnt blow it around the house...great great vaccuum