Author Topic: Anyone else got tail/tree issues?  (Read 6166 times)

lins_saving_grace

Re: Anyone else got tail/tree issues?
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2005, 09:05:47 am »
My mother suggested that I hang mine from the ceiling.  I thought I'd try it one day...but we have those high catherdral ceilings.  I'm not sure how that would work.  :)  I can see Gracey jumpping like a mad bunny on steroids trying to get to it. :) :)

Offline cuttles/sadieMay

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2005, 10:01:44 am »
Coonie is having serious tree issues as well LOL! Her tree has already made it to the centre of the living room! Needless to say its starting to look rather USED!!! She has found a water bottle works great for the cats, and Judge just sees that water bottle and he assumes that hes gonna get a spray too! Im not saying you should use a water bottle Marit, but it works to keep the cats out. I will be putting my tree up today (slacker) and we will see how it goes with Kayzer ::) Ive been putting it off because I know he will love it tooooooo much LOL. He is a little sh****T disturber, He gets into everything! Wish me luck!
cuttles

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2005, 12:08:22 am »
This year our tree is in a hard to get to spot so we haven't had trouble with Bear other than when his toys get too close to it...then look out! The ornaments go flying and the tree tilts. Luckily, it has only happened a few times.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Svnt4God

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
    • Visit my Website
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2005, 12:26:43 am »
No Tree ... No Problem   ;D

This is the first year ... in my whole LIFE ... that I didn't put up a tree.

With two sets of Loooonnngggg  tails and 4 sets of Kitty paws ... I just didn't want to hassle with a tree.

So ... below is a picture to my "new" trees ... one on the inside and one on the outside.   ;D

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2005, 12:29:19 am »
I like them Barbara. Good idea too...with all of those paws I can just imagine the damage control you'd be doing!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2005, 01:22:51 pm »
I have to admit I was a little worried about all the cats we have here, but *knocking on wood* the only problem so fas is Galahads tail, and the fact that he is madly in love with the tree and wants to be as close as possible lol.

Sooo concidering 3 dogtail and 32 kitty paws we are doing really good, only had to buy one pack of extra ornaments so far  ;D

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2005, 01:43:16 pm »
Kali picked out her first Christmas tree at a local tree farm and was very happy when we put it in our dining room (which she isn't allowed into unsupervised).  But later that week when we decorated it she had threw a hissy fit because we dared to decorate her tree, so she pulled a couple of ornament off so be glad you weren't putting drool covered ones back on your tree.

PS tinsel can cause intestinal blockages so it's generally better to just not use it so you avoid surgeries
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2005, 01:54:25 pm »
Poor Kali, she had worked so hard on finding just the right tree and they you all hang silly stuff in it  ;D

Galahad has fallen out of love, he is no longer in love with the tree, now he is back to his normal self and really dont care that the tree is there, al least not when he is doing one of is wacko running arounds and 10 times straight run into the tree, I am amazed it is still standing lol. Im a sucker for christmas so we usually keep the tree at least a week into Jan. I think this year though, it has to go in a couple of days, it is not really impressive anylonger  ;)

Marit

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2005, 02:03:38 pm »
We still have to explain to Kali why her tree is going to need to leave, it should be interesting.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2006, 08:50:19 pm »
We still have to explain to Kali why her tree is going to need to leave, it should be interesting.

haha, yeah I was worried about that day here too, Galahad was sooo in love with the tree, but I think now when he is over that first love, it will be okay. It is tough to break up puppylove  ;D

Marit