Author Topic: Went to PetSmart and...  (Read 2925 times)

cricket36580

Went to PetSmart and...
« on: January 21, 2006, 10:10:38 pm »
Created general chaos but man was it fun!  The dogs had a real blast and completely stopped traffic both inside and out.   ;D  I guess it's an unusual site to see 2 danes and a pyr.   :o  You think? 

Anyway, found a rubber chicken for Bella and now she is carrying it around like it's her puppy.  I mean to the point of covering it up and bring it to me when it squeeks. 

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: Went to PetSmart and...
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 10:13:37 pm »
That is so cute, you have to take some photos of her with her chicken.

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline patrick

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Great Pyrenees
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 10:36:17 pm »
I don't know what it is about that rubber chicken but my puppies LOVE it- more than any other toy and it is pretty ugly - at least to my human eyes.  Even the big dogs will pick it up sometimes!  A friend gave me the first one and I thought well now that's a stupid toy- until the dogs told me otherwise.  No accounting for taste huh

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2006, 10:54:35 pm »
My dogs are SO getting a rubber chicken!...I am always unsure about something though...Do I buy them one to share or buy all 3 of them their own?...That's what I usually do.

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2006, 11:01:50 pm »
Most of the time I buy two of a toy, but Dixie has the most fun trying to take one away from Sugar Bear while the other one is on the floor.
So from now on I will just buy two toys but not the same thing.

Lisa

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2006, 11:04:23 pm »
Most of the time I buy two of a toy, but Dixie has the most fun trying to take one away from Sugar Bear while the other one is on the floor.
So from now on I will just buy two toys but not the same thing.

Lisa

That is a good idea Lisa!!...Thanks! :)

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2006, 11:07:27 pm »
If your guys like stuffed toys, you can get some great deals at second hand stores.  My Mom buys the guys bags with 10-15 toys in it for $5.00 a bag.  I just throw out the one I dont want them to play and put the other in the washer on hot with a little oxy-clean.  Dixie like to put stuffed toys in holes so at that price it is ok with me.

Lisa

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2006, 11:07:39 pm »
Anyway, found a rubber chicken for Bella and now she is carrying it around like it's her puppy. I mean to the point of covering it up and bring it to me when it squeeks.

Oh my gosh!  That is so cute!  I just want to snuggle her!  It sounds like you all had a great time at PetSmart! :)

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2006, 11:18:17 pm »
If your guys like stuffed toys, you can get some great deals at second hand stores.  My Mom buys the guys bags with 10-15 toys in it for $5.00 a bag.  I just throw out the one I dont want them to play and put the other in the washer on hot with a little oxy-clean.  Dixie like to put stuffed toys in holes so at that price it is ok with me.

Lisa
Samson will gut a stuffed toy in 2.5 seconds but at that price he can gut away! ;D

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2006, 11:24:00 pm »
I found a toy that's vitually indestructible and it's plush....Lacy has dragged Kali across the floor by it and it has still held up they love it.  Its a squirrel and I know Petco has it.
The name of it is:
Premier Pet Medium Squirrel Pet Toy with Squeaker
It's on the Petco website and the company has it's own website with all different sizes but i can't remember what the address is.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

cricket36580

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2006, 08:43:40 am »
Petsmart also had some squeeky ducks and pheasants...an d when you sqeeze them they sound like ducks etc.  TOO CUTE!  That's my next one.

I always get the toys for Bella since Foster is only interested in anything if sister is playing with it and he'll play with her.  Baloo is so above the whole toy scene...he only goes goofy if it involves something edible.