Author Topic: Yay! Progress!  (Read 4119 times)

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
Yay! Progress!
« on: June 09, 2006, 10:11:19 pm »
Little Mowgli, our rescue border collie mix has lots of issues, he is a bit neurotic and is scared of his own shadow.  He came with a lot of baggage, lots of submissive piddling, and weird behaviours.  Add a touch of fear agression to that, and we've had quite the time with him and his agression toward other dogs.  He attacked Bava a good while back and he went to boot camp with NILF and lots of obedience. 
For a long time mowgli has not been allowed to directly interact with our other pups because we just couldn't trust him to not wig out and attack.
He is now our best behaved dog now, and has lots more confidence than he used to.

Well this is where we are as of tonight.. he did so good with Sophie, they had a blast! :)

« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 10:18:36 pm by brandon »
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

DakotaMom

Re: Yay! Progress!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 10:14:33 pm »
Nice job! and beautiful pictures.

Offline amylynn

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 01:07:13 am »
Alright! :) That is great! It looks like they had a lot of fun together! :)
Blessings! :)
Amy Lynn

doggylover

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 01:11:47 am »
Good for you...what a relief that must be!  They look like they had so much fun.  You need to pat yourselves on the back big time!!!!
YAYAYAYAYAYAY

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 07:31:33 am »
I'm not sure Tina, unless your ISP doesn't like our domain, they are at www.haveparrot willtravel.com

The pictures are of Mowgli and Sophie happily running around and playing together in the back yard.  He has suprised us all how far he has came with a little work.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 07:32:27 am by brandon »
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006, 07:34:53 pm »
That's awesome :)
RIP former BPO

Offline Love My Emmee

• Ankle Biter
  • My Dane, My Savior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2006, 02:15:00 pm »
How GREAT is this!!!  It sounds like you have put a lot of time and love into Mawgli, and now it is paying off!!

Heather
People will always judge you, but your will dog love you for who you are.

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2006, 02:29:06 pm »
That is by far the best news of the day! Congratulation s to y'all! Having a pup with "issues" I can only imagine the relief and sheer joy y'all must feel! I am soooooo happy for y'all and Mowgli!  :)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2006, 02:43:00 pm »
Oh wow, this is the first time I am seeing those pictures and that is fabulous! Good boy, Mowglie!!!

I am always so happy to hear of success stories about dogs who had problems and then overcame them!!!

Great job you guys!
 ;D