Author Topic: play yard  (Read 1841 times)

Offline Thelma

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
play yard
« on: March 30, 2008, 08:40:15 pm »
with all the rain we've had..our yard is all mud. what do you do for all the mud? Could you spread wood chips ?
anyone have something different?
~Thelma & Karl~
~Duke~Zoe~Toby~Spencer

~Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body..but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out ....shouting.. . WOW!
What a Ride!!!~

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: play yard
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 09:27:12 pm »
cement??? wow!! My dogs paws would be shredded!!!  although that is awesome...no mud, no mess...that is perfect!!! i wish we had that here!!! especially after giving a tubby

Offline NarniaMals

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 12:29:43 am »
We had a run of mud 4 weeks ago during a thaw and I went ballistic.  We then had just about 25 tons of gravel dropped outside our back fence.  We were able to gravel about 1/2 our yard - strategically around the deck so that even if they dig or roll in the muck most of it comes off their feet prior to getting to the door.  It was $400 well spent (although my back is killing me from hauling the majority of it be wheelbarrow with my husband through the gate - too narrow for a bobcat  :()  We have thawed a 2nd time and things are much clearner!

Good Luck~
Marianne and the MALS
Jadis (Queen of Narnia - The White Witch) and
Vander  (One of her loyal guardians)
also Maulgrim (our Huskey - Head guardian and our little alpha dog!)

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 12:37:54 am »
We are seriously considering getting some patio stones for the outside kennel.  :)  It's ridiculously muddy out right now, and my pretty white girl comes inside looking like a Newfie some days.  :P :D
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline Amy (guffer)

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 05:14:16 am »
That's why we put the patio stones down for Zeus and Apollo's outdoor kennel (where they go potty.)  And because of our new landscaping and pretty new grass, the boys have to play at the tennis courts down the street when the ground is wet and soft.  That way they get their exercise and I get my nice backyard!  Everyone's happy! ;D  And I don't have to deal with muddy paws in the house!  Yeah! :D