Author Topic: Springtime Newfie  (Read 12340 times)

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
Springtime Newfie
« on: April 18, 2005, 10:24:09 pm »
Our backyard is exploding with the onset of Spring.  This makes for great photo ops of Drake.  Here he is waiting for me to finish so he can go play.
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline connolly

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Re: Springtime Newfie
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 11:24:43 pm »
Oh my Gosh your garden is beautiful!!! (of course so is your Newfie) I am so jealous, where do you live? We have had the most severe winter in 11 years. I have spent the last 3 days raking oak and pine needles now that the snow has finally melted and then it started snowing again tonight just as my daffodils  finally bloomed. Your Newfie must just love all the smells. The new pup follows me around the garden and manages to step or sit on ever plant trying to come up. Lol he also thinks my flowering shrubs are something fun to attack and chew up, even my roses with the thorns.Give Drake a hug and tell him what a lucky boy we think he is. Connolly in California lol 
The older I get the less I know

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2005, 08:17:50 am »
WOW! What an amazing garden! I love your yard...and Drake too of course.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2005, 09:16:46 am »
Thanks Connelly and Jaime, we love our garden.  The people who we bought our house from were very motivated and spent nine years building up this garden.  Theres apple, asian pear, peach and cherry trees, blueberry shrubs, seedless flame grapes, 25 different kinds of Japanese maples, a creek with a bridge, many different shrubs and trees and tons of flowers that just suddenly appear all year round.  We feel really lucky to have it.  Our cats are in heaven and rarely leave the yard.  The only problem is when Drake gets excited or chases Raccoons (he absolutely hates them), because he gets a bit destructive.  We are going to try to get the garden into Sunset magazine, we'll see, they're pretty picky.  I have lots of shots of Drake hanging around it so I'll send them soon if you want.  Connelly, you doggies are beauties!  We almost got a St. Bernard but opted to get a Newf.  Maybe our next dog...
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.