Author Topic: Impossible to get out of bed...  (Read 3665 times)

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
Impossible to get out of bed...
« on: October 19, 2005, 11:56:11 pm »
Every morning, I have to force myself out of bed at gunpoint.  First off, my job sucks so that doesn't help with getting out of bed at 5:45 AM.  But the fact that we have an ultra comfortable, pillow top California King with Memory Foam on it doesn't help either.  This time of year too, it is so extra warm and cozy in the morning.   ::)   If we still kept our cats inside, I would never get out of bed.  They'd always lay around me, like fuzzy, purring paper weights, trapping me inside the soft, toasty sheets.  Then when I finally drag myself out of that warm, cozy, slice of heaven, I trip over my fuzzy black Newf who is snoring and looking way too cute.  So, I lay down with him on his dog bed and fall asleep again with my head on his fuzzy belly.  Before I know it, I have like 10 minutes to get dressed, shaved and get some coffee and food together before I jump into my car and speed towards the he** I call my job.   It doesn't help that my wife makes her own hours and rarely has to get up before me, so she does the half asleep babbling goodbye stuff to me, all snuggled up in the sheets.  Arrrrgh!   Does anybody else have this problem?  >:(
« Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 03:39:26 am by Jacksmom »
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Nicole

Re: Impossible to get out of bed...
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005, 11:59:27 pm »
HA!

Newf Lover! You are hilarious! Don't complain about the wonderful life you have. hehehehe! Right now, I'm sleeping on a icky ol flat futon, four hours away from my fiancee. At school. Bluch. The only snuggle-bug I have in bed with me is my landlady's son's beagle pup. Don't get me wrong, she's awful cute, but not enough to keep me in that futon. I JUMP out of bed at 6am. Then, I get out of bed, and let Cabeza in, and he's all wet and muddy and I feed him and usher him right back outside.

hahahhahhaha!

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 12:19:06 am »
I get up at 5:00 for work and it is horrible. 

Scott works different hours every day, but he NEVER has to get up earlier than I do, which sucks.  Plus, he comes to bed obnoxiously late at night (I'm talking like 3:00 AM), and it always wakes me up so that by the time it is 5:00 AM, I have only just fallen back asleep. 

I lay there and give myself 5 more minutes and 5 more minutes, until I absolutely HAVE to get up or I will be late.  Then I give myself another 5 minutes.  It is all dark and quiet and warm and toasty, with doggie breathing sounds, and it is the hardest thing in the world to get up and go to my job, which, BTW, kills a little piece of my soul every day. 

The fact that it is pitch black out doesn't help much either.

When I finally do get up, Ranger will give me a look like "Oh no, you are NOT" and then give this huge sigh and get up with me.  He spends the rest of the morning alternately begging for bellly rubs as I am trying to get ready, snoring loudly, and trying to lure me back into bed. 

Some mornings it is just the hardest thing in the world not to just go get back into bed...
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2005, 12:26:58 am »
I'm right there with you Newflover. I hate my day job, too and now that Oasis can't hear the alarm going off in the morning anymore I have no one pushing me out of bed (unless it gets too late, then Rocko is pawing at my arm wondering if I'm OK).

All our cats are inside so I'm purrfectly snuggled in and weighted down. I hate to disturb their peaceful slumber by climbing over them to get out of bed - especially knowing the boredom that awaits me here at work.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Anakalia

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2005, 12:32:20 am »
I'm so happy to see I'm not the only one that loves a nice comfy warm bed!  I swear when I go to bed it seems like a minute and all of a sudden the alarm goes off!  I try to go back to bed, but I do have to get up to take my daughter to school.  We have a King size sleep number bed and a nice warm fluffy down comforter. OMG!  It's like laying on a cloud and sooooo warm!  Then I have to get up I'm hit by our 70 degree house air and am instantly chilled to the bone! lol  AHHH may have to take a nap this afternoon! ;D

Andi

GR8DAME

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2005, 12:40:46 am »
Getting out of bed in the morning is simple self defense in my house. If I am not out of bed by 5:45 and walking around, Merlin is sticking his nose under the covers looking for me, and Strider is bouncing up and down on the waterbed until I am seasick. They want to be fed and let outside to play. Seven days a week. Raven will not get out of bed until she has no choice. She's my good dog.
Stella

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2005, 01:00:01 am »
We have the sleep number bed too. My hubby saysmy side is harder than the floor but i think his side is a crater that if I roll over too far I fall in. I have to get it to take care of my kids, or I would not get out of bed til noon. I only sleep about 3 hours a night.
Jenn

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2005, 01:07:06 am »
I am not a morning person at all. In fact I'm a Zombie until about 11:00 AM. I hate to get out of bed especially when the weather turns cool. I think I want to hibernate.
I tell my coworkers not to ask me any thing important before 11:00
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2005, 01:14:02 am »
Oh I feel your pain!!...I am a night person crammed into a morning person's mold!!!...Ever since I was a baby I wanted to sleep during the day & be up all night!...It would be ideal to get up around 11 a.m. & go to bed around 2 or 3 a.m....I do most of my housework after 8 at night as it is...I just don't have any interest in being awake early but I get up at 6:30 a.m. becuase the schools frown on bringing your kids in at lunchtime...lo l...Now I have a job & I go in at nine & I still can't sleep at night!!...Mornings just suck out loud!!!...Today is my day off...Got the kids off to school & went back to bed until 11:30...Today life is good!!!

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2005, 03:13:27 am »
Since I am currently in an apartment and know I have to walk my dogs in an attempt to get some poops, I get up pretty easily.   Plus, it is never dark in my bedroom, the blinds are useless.  Once I get into my house things will change, I will push it to the last minute where I will have to run up and down the stairs as I get ready to let the dogs, out, then in, then feed, then out, then into their cages. 
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2005, 04:37:55 am »
It doesn't help either that we have a remote controlled alarm radio that's across the room.  After it goes off the first time, I have the remote in my hand and hit the snooze button effortlessly, like a thousand times.  What actually starts to wake me up is that I have the radio tuned to Howard Stern and I start laughing.  We rotate mornings of who gets to walk Drake and so on those mornings I have to get up early, it's only fair.  I must admit, it is something magical this time of year here in Nor Cal when you're up early walking the dog.  It's all foggy, there's a slight chill in the air that nips at your face and a light dew on all the trees, a few birds chirping, barely anybody is on the road, you see lights on in some of the houses of other early risers who are sipping their coffee and watching CNN, there's sort of a insulated quietness, maybe from the fog, that just gives it a cool feel, and then there's me walking behind my big fluffy beast, picking up hot piles of his excrement......  yuck!  But aside from that last bit, there really is something to be said about getting up early.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 04:41:30 am by Newf Lover »
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline Heighway

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Webster at 8 months
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2005, 04:52:37 am »
I may be the odd one out, but I LOVE early mornings.  Love to watch the sun come up while I sip a good cup of strong coffee.  Love watching Webster and Riley tumble in the wet morning grass and chase each other around the yard. I am up before 6 every morning Sats and Suns included.   Now, after 12 noon, I am ready to slow down, sit down and just nap until evening when I will get another short burst of energy.  Then I do what I want until midnite or so.  I am a home health nurse and have to be at the office by 8, but it is about a 2 minute drive from my house.  I love the job!
Karen

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2005, 05:40:35 am »
If I sleep past 5:30 A.M., Tulsa climbs onto the bed and starts "Snuffleing"! Not a bark, or growl, just this weird low sound, kind of like someone with acid reflux that has it under control! So I spring up, grab my tattered robe, (she's the reason it's 'tattered'!) and head out the door. Usually with bare feet since I'm half and half, half asleep, and the other half thinking this is a bad dream.
I greet my neighbors, with my barking dog, (Tail Wagging) as they are leaving for work.
They lower their eyes and shake their heads from side to side. Tulsa straining at her leash, wanting to say, "See you later!", and give them a kiss.
By this time I'm dragging her into the house, thinking that, "Leave It!" is 50% of my vocabulary!
Into the shower.
Tulsa is right outside the door Pushing it open with her nose, and biting the stream! "Leave It!" And she retreats to the rug, watching my every move.
I towel off in the shower, step out, and Tulsa starts licking the missed parts.
OK people keep it clean!
And by 6:45 A.M. we're off to the dog park. Spend a couple of hours there, and then off to work!
The rest of the day revolves around my business, and Tulsa comes along.
I love my Goofy Dog!
John
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2005, 08:06:45 am »
I am with you guys on this one! I hate getting out of bed in the morning - especially when it's cold out. I just want to stay snuggled up in my nice warmy sleepy bed forever. OK, not forever, but at least for awhile (oh how I would love a job where I could sleep in until like 10).
RIP former BPO