Author Topic: Cuddly Drake  (Read 3816 times)

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
Cuddly Drake
« on: November 17, 2005, 01:41:59 am »
For a big dog, Drake can be very cuddly when he wants to be.  He cuddles with our cat, he cuddles with his toys and now that he's extra clean, he cuddles on the couch.  He's a big Cuddle Bug!  But if you molest him too much, he moves on.  Too many kisses and squishes are a no-no and you lose cuddle priviledges.  Anybody else have cuddly dogs?
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Kiahpyr

Re: Cuddly Drake
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 09:46:25 am »
Great pics!! Drake is so adorable. How can anyone resist his cuddles!!?? Kiah's the same way. Too much cuddle and she leaves. It also has to be on her terms. I think she gets it from our cats. No I think she thinks she is a cat. ;)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 09:48:37 am »
That cat picture is precious!  :)  My heart is breaking.  I love Drake! 

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 11:01:38 am »
Oh he is sooo cute!  Sophie is definitely a cuddler.  She loves to sit or lay on you and her favorite is laying her head in your lap.
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2005, 11:53:28 am »
I think that making your parents lose cuddle privaleges is a Newfy thing becasue Bear does the exact same thing too me. Too much love and he moves.  :( Very cute cuddle pics of Drakey though.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Nicole

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2005, 12:02:36 pm »
Cabeza is a cuddler, too. A super cuddler. And, there is never any loss of cuddle priveleges. He's all about a good cuddle, no holds barred! Sometimes, I have to actually give him the "go on" command, cuz he's waaaaaaaaaaay to up in my business.

I know, I know. I sound like a cold-hearted mama. But, when you can get five zillion cuddles a day, you have to make sure that Cabeza knows when its an inappropriate cuddle moment. Like when he's trying to cuddle your arm as you are lifting a mug full of hot coffee to your lips....or when he trys to put his head on your lap when you're raising the spoon full of soup to your lips....or when he tries to cuddle your fingers when you're typing.....hah ahahhaha!

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2005, 02:44:16 pm »
I sound like a cold-hearted mama. But, when you can get five zillion cuddles a day, you have to make sure that Cabeza knows when its an inappropriate cuddle moment. Like when he's trying to cuddle your arm as you are lifting a mug full of hot coffee to your lips....or when he trys to put his head on your lap when you're raising the spoon full of soup to your lips....or when he tries to cuddle your fingers when you're typing.....hah ahahhaha!

Totally understand, here!  There are quite a few days I go out with a very startled look on my face.  Those are the days that Cowboy decided I need a cuddle and he nudges my arm as I'm putting on my makeup.  Eyeliner goes to the hairline!  Mascara rubs in to eyebrows. Blush goes in to the ear!  Lipstick right in to the nostril! I can't help but laugh....and if I have the time....start over ;D ;D

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2005, 07:17:44 pm »
Totally understand, here!  There are quite a few days I go out with a very startled look on my face.  Those are the days that Cowboy decided I need a cuddle and he nudges my arm as I'm putting on my makeup.  Eyeliner goes to the hairline!  Mascara rubs in to eyebrows. Blush goes in to the ear!  Lipstick right in to the nostril! I can't help but laugh....and if I have the time....start over ;D ;D

;D :D LOL, I'm pictures in my head of the woman in the movie AIRPLANE! who was trying to put makeup on in an airplane bathroom during turbulence.  You probably get the same results.   ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 07:19:24 pm by Newf Lover »
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2005, 08:09:52 pm »
Yep!  That's about it!  Maybe in his previous life he was a make-up artist and he's just trying to keep his hand/paw/nose in! :D

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2005, 09:36:36 pm »
The pic of Drake cuddling with the cat just put a huge smile on my face :) I LOVE it!
RIP former BPO

Offline brett_and_krystal

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2005, 10:33:07 pm »
Adorable pictures. I wish Magoo would be nice to our Black Cat.