Author Topic: Needing to vent & get support  (Read 5930 times)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: Needing to vent & get support
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2006, 06:37:51 pm »
Have you thought about a pro-active approach?  Have the guy over for a glass of wine (like you actually like him ;D!) and have him get to know Bo a bit.  Maybe if he knew Bo, he'd understand that it's just a protective thing..and he's protecting the neighbors' property as well.  You know the old sugar vs. vinegar approach....

Just a thought.... ;)

Offline Teamshredit

• Big Paw Certified
  • Aspen having fun near Mammoth Lakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2006, 07:25:37 pm »
Proactive approach is a great idea. I mean, look at that face! He'd win them over in a heartbeat.
And you never know....he might signal an intruder on their property someday.
Zane - St Bernard/Shepherd mix
Aspen - Pyr/Malamute mix
Craig - Our Ridgie, has gone over the Rainbow Bridge

Offline CalistogaPyr

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2006, 07:15:27 pm »
Thanks, you guys!  I feel so much better hearing other people's stories.  Yeah, this guy is kind of the "designated asshole" in the neighborhood (he's yelled at everyone at some point in time), but that fact alone doesn't make me feel all the way better.  My husband is a master at "verbal judo" and has been able to totally disarm this guy for the time being, so I don't think I'll have to resort to sharing my wine with him!!! =)  We've only lived in the neighborhood (we bought our first home) since October, so I hope that over time people will chill out. 
Thanks, again, for everything & I am so grateful for the support!!
Jenn
"Be the change you wish to see in the world"-Gandhi

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2006, 08:32:48 pm »
The cranky old ba$tard that lives in my house took off two weeks at Christmas. He always leaves Earl outside all day, but nobody is usually home in the neighborhood to hear Earl barking during the day. After the third day of being home all day, he was so fed up with Earl's barking, he took him inside. Everything was ok for a while, until Earl started barking IN the house! After 2 weeks off, he was actually gald to go back to work! ( But, everyone at work was wondering why THEY were getting barked at!)

Kiahpyr

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2006, 08:34:39 pm »
Oh pupdaddy you're so funny!! HAHAHAHAHA!