Author Topic: Komondor pup in Fort Worth, TX  (Read 2686 times)

Offline Miranda

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Komondor pup in Fort Worth, TX
« on: August 16, 2006, 10:52:24 am »
I don't know how in the world a Komondor pup ended up in Texas, but the humane society down here has a seven-month old female. She's absolutely beautiful! It looks like they shaved her, but when her coat grows in she'll be a beautiful dog.

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=6828932
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them.  ~Phil Pastoret

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Komondor pup in Fort Worth, TX
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 11:16:51 am »
Oh I love komondors!!(Better with the coat though) I hope she finds a wonderful home!
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline Miranda

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 11:21:19 am »
Me too! I've always wanted either a Komondor or a Puli named [Bob] Marley :)
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them.  ~Phil Pastoret

Blair

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 02:06:08 pm »
I wonder how they determined that was a komondor?  Look more like a standard poodle to me.  The muzzle looks too long for a komondor, especially a young one.  If it was a stray, it could very well be a poodle.  Poodle hair cords like a komondor when left unclipped, so it could easily be confused.  It also seems far more likely, given how rare komondorok are.

Thats what I was thinking too....looks like a standard poodle to me also

Offline Miranda

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 02:13:41 pm »
I'm guessing she's an owner surrender or something, because at seven months, even if it had all its hair, it wouldn't look like a Komondor yet. Their hair doesn't cord until they're like a year or two.