Author Topic: Hi, I'm new here!  (Read 5613 times)

Offline Norri

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Hi, I'm new here!
« on: November 24, 2007, 10:15:32 pm »
Hi!  I just found this site, and I'm looking forward to "meeting" all of you and your beautiful dogs. 

I'm Norri, from southern CA, and I'm proudly owned by a 5 month old fawn Great Dane puppy named Stanley (after the Anaheim Ducks' Stanley Cup-winning season--we're BIG Ducks fans!)  Stanley is SUCH a sweetie, and I'm completely in love with him.  His parents are both show dogs, and he has good show potential.  Right now we're working on teaching him some basic manners, but we're hoping to show him. 

Norri
mom to three teenage boys (the human kind) and Stanley,our fawn Great Dane puppy

bigdogs@5501

Re: Hi, I'm new here!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 10:19:50 pm »
Welcome to the board. My orignal crew consists of 3 Danes, 4 Pyrenees and a Newf mix. I have recently recued an entire family of pyrenees from a shelter so I have added, at least temporarily to the family. This is a great site and we love our Danes.

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 10:28:29 pm »
Hi!  I just found this site, and I'm looking forward to "meeting" all of you and your beautiful dogs. 

I'm Norri, from southern CA, and I'm proudly owned by a 5 month old fawn Great Dane puppy named Stanley (after the Anaheim Ducks' Stanley Cup-winning season--we're BIG Ducks fans!)  Stanley is SUCH a sweetie, and I'm completely in love with him.  His parents are both show dogs, and he has good show potential.  Right now we're working on teaching him some basic manners, but we're hoping to show him. 

Hi! Glad you found this site. It's so great. I have a Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix, a Great Pyrenees, 2 cats, and 4 year old twin girls. I live in Southeastern Michigan (land of the Redwings!), so we'll both be watching NHL this season!!  ;)
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven

Offline Leah...

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 01:08:42 am »
Welcome to BPO. I love it here, and I am sure you will too. I am Leah, one of the Juniors of the board and the show ring. I have 3 dogs, 1 cat and 1 rabbit. Bailey is a 8.5 year old Akita/GSD/Wolf hybrid. Sammie is a 7.5 year old Newfoundland/Border Collie mix. Sky is the pup of the house, an 18 month old Australian Shepherd. I was much more into show a few year ago when I had a Westie and a Border Collie to show. I fell in love with Aussies because of a breeder friend, and have never looked back. I originally hoped to get a show prospect puppy, but changed my mind one day when I saw Sky (then named Elvis ::)) on the Petfinder website. He was 4 months old, and I just had to have him! We have turned our dreams to the Agility ring, and Flyball tournaments, and maybe the ASCA obedience ring.

Please ask all your questions, there are many knowledgeable people on this site! 
Leah
Mom to:
Sky- Australian Shepherd
Sammie- Newfoundland/Border Collie mix
Rose- Tortie/Tabby cat
Stinky- Silver Marten rabbit
Ruby, Mambo and Charlotte- Rats
Trevor- Frog
13 Millipedes
NO LONGER WITH US
Bailey the Wolf-Dog 1998-2007
Spanky- Rabbit 2000-2007

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2007, 01:34:47 am »
Helloooo! and welcome to BPO! Your boy stanley sure sounds like a real charmer. Can't wait to see photos and hear more about him.
Im Jo, mom to Memphis, a 4.5year old fawn dane boy. Zero a brindle with white bull terrier boy, Jigsaw our 1y/o white bull terrier female and Reba our 1 y/o chinese crested hairless female. we show Both our girls, not as much as we'd like to but we are prety far from most shows... 
You will love it here at Big Paws, so many great people.
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline Mallory's Mommy

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2007, 04:38:26 am »
Welcome, welcome! I'm Mary, proud mommy to a nine week old Saint Bernard pup, Mallory. I actually went to my first hockey game a few weeks ago and turned into a Carolina Hurricanes fan. You'll love it here.  ;D
Mary, mommy to Mallory, the Saint Bernard pup

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 06:08:57 am »
Hello and welcome to BPO, hope you enjoy it here!
Stanley is adorable!  Love how you came up with the name.
My name is Chris, and I am mom to Keiko, a husky/shep mix, Gunther, a great dane, and Nigel and Posey, two rat terriers.  I am supposed to start showing Nigel and Posey (UKC) but b/c I move around alot am a bit slow getting them started. Hopefully this spring when I am settled in our new house.

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2007, 11:25:41 pm »
Aww, Stanley is so pretty!  Welcome to BPO!  I'm Stephanie, mom to 10 month old Newfoundland, Sierra and 7 yr old Magic the Black Lab.  The rest of my zoo is listed in my signature below. 

Good luck on the basic manners...Sier ra is STILL trying to get the hang of it at 10 months old.  LOL!

Even though I live in PA now, I am a Jersey girl, born and bred.  GO DEVILS!!  LOL!  I see some good-natured NHL competition here!
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2007, 11:57:14 pm »
Welcome Norri!!! I hope you enjoy it here  :)
Stanley is such a looker  :o :o :o
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline karateblossom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • skin and fur family of many children from ages 5 to 14 living at home; and eng mastiff named odin and a siamese named april. we are like alvin and the chipmunks meet garfield!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2007, 10:15:28 pm »
hello norri.  I'm new here as well-mommy to a 2+ yo English Mastiff, ODIN and an 8+ yo seal pt siamese, APRIL.  My step daughter has a 2+ yo harlequin dane....who is as goofy as I would imagine marmaduke to be! I'm still learning the 'lead' (or harness for my own direction) on the sight but thus far, I find it 2 b fantastic.  We don't show or breed.....just a couple of furry companions to keep our feet warm, look goofy chasing stuffed animals and to eat us out of house, home and retirement!  despite being GREAT entertainment for our 2-legged pack mates, odin and april (aka odie and garfield) serve as greast listeners and pals to our crew.  Our favorite odin moment is his 'victory lap' just after his despised 2x mo hose down/shower.  Second to that, its the white foamy face we get instantly when using treats for training-affection works better for our squishy faced friend.  can't wait to hear stories about your baby!
karma is kewl!

Offline jagersmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2007, 06:27:29 am »
Hi Norri and Stanley. Welcome to BPO! I'm Annette from near Tampa, FL. Go Lightning! I'm a hockey fan but I'm loyal to my South Florida Bulls (college football) a little more.

Anywho, my fur-kids are Jager and Bacardi. Jager is a quasi-trained sack of sh...shinning puppy at almost 3 (is he really that old already?!). Bacardi is the phirana of the house. He's an 8-month old cat that likes to attack the dog and shinny things.

If you have questions, ask. Like it was said earlier, there are MANY knowledgable people on here that will probably be able to help.
Dogs laugh.... by wagging their tails

Annette, mother to:

Jagermeister - Bullmastiff
Bacardi - DSH terror cat