Author Topic: A rabid moose in the back yard?  (Read 1335 times)

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
A rabid moose in the back yard?
« on: February 25, 2007, 09:33:32 pm »
 :( :( :( :'( :'( :'( :'( :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Bryce has been in the house for 2 weeks now. He tore part of his pad off and the vet said there was nothing to stitch his open wound to. So I have been putting medicine on it and keeping it dry. It looks ugly but it scabbed and he had been doing so well I thought today I would let him run a little while since you could tell he had cabin fever. Vet said to not walk him on salted areas. I took Bryce over to a friends house who has a large fenced in yard. Well as soon as I let him off the leash he ran around the yard like a wild crazy rabid moose. I didn’t know it but my friend had out of Town Company and they had a chocolate lad her name was Olivia she was small for a lab they ask if they could let her out to play with Bryce. Since Bryce had been so crazy I thought to myself I don’t see anything good coming from this! Well sure enough hair went up they checked each other out and Bryce started chasing her and she was making a horrible howling cry I m yelling at him to leave her alone and they must have seen us and opened the door and she zoomed in and Bryce tried to get in the house it took 3 of us to push him outside. I looked down and the snow was covered in blood his pad had ripped open and it looked the same as the day he cut it! I put him in the jeep and he started to lick his paw and there was blood everywhere. The part of his pad that he is missing is near his claw towards the front of his foot so it is not in a easy place to bandage he has been pretty good about the bandaging and his leg is getting a rash from the tape but now I m back to square 1. He is all bandaged up and has a sock over the bandage and we are ready for round 2 please pray for a quick recovery! Marina
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: A rabid moose in the back yard?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 10:39:08 pm »
Oh I'm so sorry.You have all our prayers and best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Michelle, Butt, Tub and Everybirdie

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 12:35:47 pm »
Awwww poor Bryce. Hope the big guy's paw heals FAST!

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 12:46:28 pm »
do you think the liquid band aids might help some to keep him from hurting it more?  i sure do hope he gets better soon!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline ptkennel

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Prairie Trail Kennel
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 12:51:30 pm »
Man that post scared me a little when I saw that it said rabid moose in the back yard.  We have real moose here so I thought, well you know....Anyway, sorry about your pupper, but glad he wasn't a real moose in your back yard, you probably wouldn't have a yard left if it was.  Moose are crazy, pyshco animals.     (Hence the reason you said that in the post, I'm sure.) 
Joy, Newfoundland
Gabi, Newfoundland
Amy, Irish Wolfhound
Sara, Irish Wolfhound
Gintaro, Irish Wolfhound (from Poland)
Desa, our Borzoi
4 Irish Wolfhound puppies, Saturn, Gemini, Delta and Mercury
www.prairietra ilkennel.com