Author Topic: We Met Boston!!!  (Read 1934 times)

List

We Met Boston!!!
« on: July 01, 2007, 12:23:39 pm »
We met Boston for the first time on Saturday. He is soooo handsome. We had a great time, and we are so excited. Boston has the perfect middle of the road personality, cuddly but independent too. In charge but not overly dominant.

We know that the mom is a pure bred weim. and the rescue says the father is a lab...but there has to be a rottie/dobbie or GSD in there somewhere. Out of the 12 puppies only three had the tan markings, all the others were solid black. Mind you the tan and black pups seem to have a thicker build than the solid black pups, so maybe there was more than one mystery dad?? who knows? Any opinions?

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: We Met Boston!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 12:33:42 pm »
I just love him!  He has the cutest, sweetest little face that needs lots & lots of kisses.  I'm guessing lab/Rotti, but I agree that time will tell more.  I am sure though that he's 100% precious!  How old is he now?

BTW, our neighbor has a dog that they know is 1/2 Rotti (the mom) but he looks like a lab/Newfy mix (entirely black and med-long haired) and his brother looks entirely Rotti, same litter.  Maybe different dads or just how funny genetics turn out.  Boston is adorable!
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 09:54:49 pm »
He is stinkin cute! I love the pic of him on his back w/ ears flipped back. LOL
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 09:59:13 pm »
I am so in love!  :)

chaosndestruction

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2007, 11:27:30 pm »
awww how cute!

It could be that the rescue is also saying that the father is "lab" because it's more appealing than rottie or dobie with all these breed laws and regulations going around. Kinda like how some rescues/shelters will say that certain dogs are some kind of "rare" breed mix to get them adopted faster.

He sure is a looker and he looks like a sweetheart!!!!

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 08:36:47 am »
Boston is a cutie.  When do you get to bring him home?  I'm counting down until lots more puppy pics are coming our way. 

OMG on those Lab/Weim puppies, Liz!  I have to admit that little silver one that looks like a lab with the weim coloring is too cute.  Labs actually come in that color but breeders want around a $1000 just for that color phase. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 09:53:52 am »
I'm with ya on the wishing they weren't so dang cute.  But really is there an ugly puppy?
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2007, 10:15:38 am »
Oh my goodness he's cute!  :)
RIP former BPO