Author Topic: Giardia - Montezuma's Revenge  (Read 4032 times)

Offline ratdog

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Giardia - Montezuma's Revenge
« on: December 27, 2007, 05:49:09 pm »
Well, Cody's stool sample showed that she has Giardia. That is why her poops have not been very hard. She is on a 7 day course of meds to clear it up. The way she acts you'd never know that she had it.

We went the last 2 days with only 1 poop accident in the house (except for the crate peeing, of course). Her poop habits should improve during the next week.

We had to tape her ears back up yesterday. The right one was beginning to droop a little bit.  :P

Here's a couple of pics from today.

Best friends forever:
Tal, my cat, 1990-2007
Ratdog, my dog, 1992-2004

My new love:
Cody

lorim2

Re: Giardia - Montezuma's Revenge
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 06:10:50 pm »
She is adorable!!

Offline ratdog

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 04:33:26 am »
Thanks guys,

The only time you notice that something is wrong is when she poops. Otherwise you'd never notice that anything was wrong. She's happy and playful and eats like a pig.  ;D

Terri
Best friends forever:
Tal, my cat, 1990-2007

My new love:
Cody

Offline Bubbalove

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007, 02:20:08 pm »
Kana had what we assume was Giardia a couple of summers ago.  He drank and drank and drank the water of Devil's Lake (against our best attempts to keep him from drinking it!) in Wisconsin.  That night as he was sleeping in our truck cab we heard him actually SCREAMING to be let out!  As soon as we got to him it was a mess.  We thought the worst was over, but our 3 hour ride home was awful!!  He did not eat for several days and just slept as if he was going to die! 
Hope your baby is feeling better!  Why are dogs with bandages so cute!!!!!! 
~Kristen
Kana - 4 y/o Japanese Akita
Kita - 8/2005 crossed Rainbow Bridge
       10 y/o American Akita

Offline ratdog

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2007, 03:54:44 am »
Oh, Kristen! That sounds like it was horrible. Poor baby. Cody must not have it as bad because unless you saw her poop you'd never know it. In fact, my vet would have missed it if he hadn't sent the sample off to a lab. Fortunately though, she is pooping outside. So far, only one poop mistake in the house for the last 3 days. I took her to work with me last night with no mistakes. But she went out at least every 2 hours. She is at home in her crate right now. I expect her to pee in it tonight. She does every time I put her in it. I don't know what to do about that. The vet says that he thinks she will grow out of it. I hope so. I really hope so.

Terri
Best friends forever:
Tal, my cat, 1990-2007

My new love:
Cody

Offline Bubbalove

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 10:31:21 pm »
It was rough...
That's a weird thing, the peeing in the crate.  Maybe once she is feeling better it will subside.  In the meantime, hope things are well!
Kana - 4 y/o Japanese Akita
Kita - 8/2005 crossed Rainbow Bridge
       10 y/o American Akita

Icerotti

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2007, 10:39:08 pm »
Gosh she is soooooo adorable....lo ve her ears taped up...lol
Hope she is better soon --