Author Topic: Made with love by my daughter & hubby...now with the correct pic!  (Read 3203 times)

GYPSY JAZMINE

Made with love by my daughter & hubby...now with the correct pic!
« on: September 02, 2005, 09:23:58 pm »
I have a "critter graveyard" out back...It used to be a structure where they kept a pony here years ago but now just the foundation is left....In it lies 2 guinea pigs...one who passed at the very old age of 7 & 1/2 & one that, because of genetic problems, passed at 11 months....Also there rests a kitten that lived less than 24 hours & never had a chance...One day all of my furry faced friends will lie there...It is surrounded by a white picket fence...I planted a rose bush & a young tree next to it...I have a memorial stone that reads, "Those we hold in our arms for a little while we then hold in out hearts forever"...A shiny metal pinwheel that reminds me that they are not gone but live on in the "all around me"....They each have a beautiful marker & I have planted wild daisies there..my favorite flower...Anywa y, with all of the sadness surrounding hurricane Katrina I was feeling very down yesterday...My 6 yr. old daughter, Melyssa (Missy) found these two pieces of wood & enlisted my hubby's help to nail them together & then she painted it for me...She painted pics of all 3 fur babies in heaven & put wording acoss the top that says, " In memory of our furry friends"...Tomorrow my children, Randy & I will put it in it's proper place in the "critter graveyard"...We will take Hammie, our remaining guinea pig out with us & let her munch on grass & visit at her friend's resting place....We will remember, as a family, the fur friends we have lost & smile when we talk about their antics...we will shed a tear for the kitten who never had a chance at life but still taught us so much....Here is a pic of the beautiful piece my daughter engineered for me.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2005, 10:47:51 pm by GYPSY JAZMINE »

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: Made with love by my daughter & hubby : )
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 09:42:08 pm »
What a beautiful and wonderful idea.  I hope to have land where I can have my friends rest and be with me forever.  My parent's at their place have several burial sites for past pets.  At our home growing up, there are several hampsters in both gardens (I worry that the people who live there now will someday accidentally dig them up).

The piece your daughter engineered for you, are the dogs chewing on it?  I guess I don't see it in the pic, but I'm sure it's lovely.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005, 10:36:03 pm »
What a beautiful and wonderful idea.  I hope to have land where I can have my friends rest and be with me forever.  My parent's at their place have several burial sites for past pets.  At our home growing up, there are several hampsters in both gardens (I worry that the people who live there now will someday accidentally dig them up).

The piece your daughter engineered for you, are the dogs chewing on it?  I guess I don't see it in the pic, but I'm sure it's lovely.
Damn!...I have no idea how that happened...I'll fix it!...Sorry!

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2005, 10:51:22 pm »

LOL -- I was wondering the same thing Zoo ... but I'm sure its incredible.  How thoughtful of your daughter to do something like that.  You must be very proud :)

I'm very proud of her...Both of children show true compassion when it comes to matters of the heart...My son wrote a "I have a dream" essay last yr. in second grade...His dream was that "all animals have homes & shelter". ;D

Offline dgodden5459

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Re: Made with love by my daughter & hubby...now with the correct pic!
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2005, 05:40:55 am »
What a nice thing for your daughter to do. My son Tyler made a cross for our St Bernard Clyde, he put "My Best Buddy Clyde" as an inscription. I like the pictures on yours very much.
Deb

Gretchen the Rottie
Buttons the LLhasa
Macie who knows?

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2005, 06:19:42 am »
That is so touching! We have an animal graveyard - or a couple of them, actually, at my parent's home in Omaha.

When my dog, Pepper died while I was in college he was buried in the backyard. Our greyhound Amy would go out in the back and lie on his grave in the first few days after he was gone. It was very moving.

I love your daughter's gift to the graveyard. it's beautiful and creative and a wonderful way to show she empathises with you.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2005, 08:25:57 am »
That is such a very special gift.  It is so nice to see kids that think of special ways to make others happy.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)