Author Topic: Newbie to this  (Read 8383 times)

Offline Mollys mum

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Newbie to this
« on: May 09, 2007, 02:13:17 am »
Hello
i'm very new at this i own a Bouvier des Flandres she is 7 and a half months old she is black brindle and is about 75 pounds.
I love her alot so thats all for today

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie to this
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 02:21:08 am »
WELCOME WELCOME!
To those who don't know, Molly is Jigsaws BEST friend!!!! i asked Tanya to join, because i knew she'd be welcomed with open arms... Wait til you see Molly, she sure is a beauty. We met in Obediance class...
Jo
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 03:15:24 am »
Hi!  Welcome to BPO, Tanya!  Yes, BPO is extremely addicting, but I like to think that it's healthy, too.   ;)   I'd love to see pics of your pup, I bet that she's beautiful.  Maybe we can see some Molly & Jigs pics...hint, hint!

I'm mom to 3 kids, Daisy our big Golden mix, Sammy & Cassie our Great Pyrenees', our kitties, and wife to one pet-loving hubby (thank goodness!).   ;D
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 11:52:10 am »
Welcome Tanya! Where are you originally from? Sounds pretty Russian to me! Are you? Any ways, this is a great place to be!  Welcome!
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 11:54:42 am »
Hi!  Welcome to BPO, Tanya!  Yes, BPO is extremely addicting, but I like to think that it's healthy, too.   ;)   I'd love to see pics of your pup, I bet that she's beautiful.  Maybe we can see some Molly & Jigs pics...hint, hint!

I'm mom to 3 kids, Daisy our big Golden mix, Sammy & Cassie our Great Pyrenees', our kitties, and wife to one pet-loving hubby (thank goodness!).   ;D
OK, now I have a question...Whe re are the pictures of your dogs??? I have not seen a single one!
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 12:58:40 pm »
Hi!  Welcome to BPO, Tanya!  Yes, BPO is extremely addicting, but I like to think that it's healthy, too.   ;)   I'd love to see pics of your pup, I bet that she's beautiful.  Maybe we can see some Molly & Jigs pics...hint, hint!

I'm mom to 3 kids, Daisy our big Golden mix, Sammy & Cassie our Great Pyrenees', our kitties, and wife to one pet-loving hubby (thank goodness!).   ;D
OK, now I have a question...Whe re are the pictures of your dogs??? I have not seen a single one!

I guess I'd better get off my duff. ;D  I posted a pic but it's been a month or two now.  I've been planning to take some new ones of our three.  In particular I want to post a before and after of Sammy.  He was 68# in January when he was taken into Pyr Rescue after some $&%$*# literally tried to starve him to death.  He came to us in February and when I last weighed him in April he was up to 87# and he's gained more since.  He's looking and feeling so much better now, so we're really happy for him.  I'll see if I can take some tomorrow.  Hubby helped me figure out how to post them last time, I'll see if I can do it without help this time.   ::)  ;D
Marie

And my pups:

Offline Mollys mum

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2007, 01:11:47 am »
Well everyone thanks for the warm welcome I don't only have Molly I have 4 horses 3 cats and 2 more dogs a blue heeler and a wolf cross husky shepherd.And a full time job but when it's laid back at work i can get on the computer ;D  Well everyone have a great wonderful day Tanya and the gang

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2007, 01:35:29 am »
Ahhhhh, Molly is beeeeeautiful!  :-*  What an sweet face, how can you ever tell her no?  ;)  It sounds like you have a wonderful family of little & big paws and hooves, too.  I'm glad that you found us!
Marie

And my pups:

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2007, 04:51:24 am »
Hi there and a warm welcome to Tanya and Molly and the rest of your gang. Glad Jodi told you about BP, everyone here is really nice and very helpful, can't wait to see more pics of the rest of the gang, trust me we will bug and bug and bug you for pics we're very demanding that way ;) I'm Kim owned by an old man Hoover and a big girl Libby
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)

Offline Jas2Cats

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • All my babies :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2007, 04:57:55 am »
Awe~!  Molly is gorgeous~!  I'd love to see pic's of your wolf/husky/shep~!  I had one for 13 years (Jasper) and he was a wonderful boy whom I still miss 11 years later :-)
Alyce

Woody  (aka Big Dog) (12 1/2) Shorthaired Laberaimer (1/2 German Shorthair, 1/4 Lab, 1/4 Weimaraimer)
Maple (aka Princess Poo) (7 1/2) Boxer/ GS mix
Fuzzy (15 1/2)long haired tabby cat
Trouble & Double 3 1/2 year old African Leopard Tortoises.
Ed (17+) and Cris (13+) skin kids

Offline Mollys mum

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Well its bath time
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2007, 12:52:00 am »
Hey everyone its bath time for the gang anyone have good shampoos or conditioners i need help horses dog cat!!!!

Offline Mollys mum

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Nedd help
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2007, 12:53:36 am »
Looking for good shampoos and conditioners for dog cat and the horses and fly spray

chaosndestruction

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2007, 01:46:00 am »
Maybe my horses are weird but I swear that  NONE of the fly spray stuff i've ever used works longer than 15 minutes!!!!

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2007, 02:27:43 am »
I'm glad that you asked this question and I need some advice, too.  I need a good spray-on, leave-in type of detangler for Sammy's coat.  He was so emaciated and malnourished when we got him that his coat was very dry and tangly.  Although Animal Control had shaved him down to almost the skin on his torso, the fur on his neck & back legs has been very tough to keep smooth.  You can brush it all out and it's literally tangling and trying to mat again the next day.  :o  I've never had a Pyr with a coat that I could barely brush before Sam.  It's improving as his overall health has improved, but I need something mild & gentle that will make it easier to brush while his new coat grows in.  I'd like to see him give me a dog smile when he sees me approach him with the brush & mat rake.  Poor baby.  BTW, I took some new pics and I'll try to post them in a new thread sometime this weekend.
Marie

And my pups:

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2007, 10:58:51 am »
Hey! have you tried that site i sent you? needsNdesires. com (I think?) the Plush Puppy is AMAZING. i recomend it to anyone. kinda pricey, but well worth every penny :)
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~