Author Topic: I love my tire.  (Read 8298 times)

lins_saving_grace

I love my tire.
« on: May 12, 2005, 07:38:13 am »
Lady goes through these like cookies.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
Re: I love my tire.
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2005, 10:27:29 am »
Sooo cute..... My doggies have something like that, but it is a tire on a rope with knots on, where do you get these large ones without ropes???

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2005, 10:39:28 am »
We get those tires at Chow Hound.  That's as big as they make em.  This is Lady's second one.  She ate the first one...almost whole.  They are called PawTracks Tire Bitters. 

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2005, 10:49:44 am »
Never heard of that, is it a local store, or something I have missed totally??? If a local store do you think you could get who is making them, that way maybe I could find them somewhere around here. I am sure Galahad would love them, well probably the others too, everyone except Zeus that is, he loves his squeeky toys, tear them up and pull out the squeeker then on to the next toy lol...

Marit

Offline mamadog

• Big Paw Certified
  • This is me and my Finn
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2005, 10:53:54 am »
Wow...is this made of rubber? Like a real tire?  I would be worried that eating rubber would be bad for my boy......
I worry a lot.

Vicki

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2005, 11:05:41 am »
I may have seen them at Walmart too.  Chow Hound is local to West Michigan I guess.  I'll look at the tire tonight and see if there's a brand on it (or if it's been bitten into). 

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2005, 11:08:29 am »
Thanks a lot, I have to go get ready for a reh. dinner for a wedding that is sunday. It is bad to say, but talking with you all on here is soooo much more fun, but I guess it is time to hit the shower and then put on something without dog hair, that should be a treat (not many people get to see me dressed in something that does not have dog hair or slobbers on it)

Marit

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2005, 11:09:42 am »
It's that puppy safe stuff like the chew toys we all get.  Chow Hound wouldn't sell unsafe stuff.  I do pull a lot of pieces out of their mouths though.  I know that neither of them have a gag reflex and that if you pull hard enough you can get stuff they've gotten half way down. 
Grace unstuffs my couch pillows and I'm always pulling stuffing out of her face...and Lady spends her time tearing up her beds while she's in bed while we're at work.  It all comes out the other end eventually.
I used to worry about that stuff too...but I've seen what's going in coming out and I don't worry about it too much anymore. 
Their eating of toys is very well supervised too. 

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2005, 11:11:15 am »
I love when you get a toy and they have it torn up in an hour.  We can't buy the squeeky toys anymore.  Lady digs until the squeeker is gone and or swallowed.  We buy hefty toys that last and last and last.  The toys that last usually end up under the couch or hidden in the house somewhere.  But they LAST!

nickerbokker

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2005, 11:18:16 am »
OH IM TOTALLY INTO THAT TOY!  MY KID WOULD LOVE IT!  cody only plays with stuffed animals, because he thinks they are his babies (or his lover)....but angus LOVES toys like that!  he's my destructive little booger!  i've got to get one of those!

p.s...your house looks so clean and fresh, a weird observation, but an observation none the less...i am so jealous!!! i can't seem so keep my place clean...as soon as it is, the kids destroy it again....and a never ending battle, and i have given up lol!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2005, 11:37:33 am »
Well thank you.  I took pictures in the not so mussed up area of the house.  We have toys strewn all over the kitchen and hall and stuffed piled up on the table and counter until I get a break when my husband watches them so I can straighten up.  (that's not too often though).
Try looking at walmart for that tire...I don't remember if they have them too...but they might. 

Offline Carolyn

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2005, 11:52:06 am »
I cant show my hubby that pic, he has been putting air in his tire every other day because his friend's rotty has a tire problem. If hes loose, & you pull up on a motorcycle, you need a new tire. He has now progressed to truck tires. The funny thing is he just bites enough to let the air out.
Carolyn
Carolyn

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2005, 11:54:16 am »
How funny!  We have 3 Harleys in the garage...but Lady's not allowed to chew on those.  She is allowed to chew on the mean neighbor dogs though. 
Your hubby may want to get some Fix-A-Flat. That really does work.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2005, 12:28:48 pm »
I still LOVE that little bear next to the horse. :) 
So your big dog is a giggalo, huh?

nickerbokker

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2005, 12:30:24 pm »
yup yup yup