Author Topic: For the goat fans- Binky's crew  (Read 2537 times)

Offline Binky

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
For the goat fans- Binky's crew
« on: May 19, 2007, 08:39:38 am »
Hmmm, dial up is a lot slower than I remembered.  I am trying to post this for the second time- hope it will go through.  Anyway, the goats are temporarily in the old barn next to our house, sharing the fenced area w/the dogs.  The all glass side door of the house faces this way and the goats are obsessed w/getting inside.  It is hard to eat while two furry goat faces are pressed against the glass, bleating sadly!  Jasper has figured out that the doorknob is the way in and spends an alarming amount of time trying to open it with his mouth and hooves!  Now we have to keep the door locked!  Ah, country life  :)
Binky-Great Pyrenees
Sophie-Leonberger
McDougal-Papillon
Chicklet-Papillon
Sigfried-Cat  RIP Sigs
Spooky-Cat
Jasper-Nigerian Dwarf goat
Ferdinand-Nigerian Dwarf goat

Offline Binky

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: For the goat fans- Binky's crew
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 08:49:26 am »
And a few more pix.  Like I don't look crazy enough walking the three dogs, I am leash training the goats so they can go with us! :)
Binky-Great Pyrenees
Sophie-Leonberger
McDougal-Papillon
Chicklet-Papillon
Sigfried-Cat  RIP Sigs
Spooky-Cat
Jasper-Nigerian Dwarf goat
Ferdinand-Nigerian Dwarf goat

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 09:08:43 am »
Wonderful pics!  It looks like terrific country life and your water view is beautiful!!  I bet that Binky and all of her crew love it.  The goats are so cute, especially on those leashes.  ;D  If Jasper figures out the door knobs you may need to use the child proof covers.  ;)  LOL  I'd love to have some goats someday.
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline Jas2Cats

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • All my babies :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 01:35:35 pm »
Wow, your property looks great~!  The dogs must love it.  It must be a sight to see you walking with the goats too :)
Alyce

Woody  (aka Big Dog) (12 1/2) Shorthaired Laberaimer (1/2 German Shorthair, 1/4 Lab, 1/4 Weimaraimer)
Maple (aka Princess Poo) (7 1/2) Boxer/ GS mix
Fuzzy (15 1/2)long haired tabby cat
Trouble & Double 3 1/2 year old African Leopard Tortoises.
Ed (17+) and Cris (13+) skin kids

Icerotti

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 12:40:57 am »
I love that Jasper has figured out entry to the house...hahhah a. I love seeing the goats on a leash..hehehe

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 10:36:35 pm »
Those pics are very good ~ friends of mine have goats and the 'bleating' with their little tongues sticking out cracks me up every time.  ;D Good luck with the leash training
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2007, 10:44:20 pm »
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all the pics... the crew looks great - I've missed seeing them... and the goats are just too cute - cant wait for pics off you walking ALL five on leashes.

p.s. your property and view are gorgeous!

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2007, 12:46:24 am »
I have a neighbor in my area who has a goat.  She's a 9 month old little girl named Twila and she's a sweetheart.  I've seen them walking a couple of times and Twila is very calm on her leash.  Though sometimes she just can't resist snacking on a good bush.  :D
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.

Offline jennifer

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2007, 02:49:04 am »
Great pics. LOVE the goats. Look forward to watching a video...  ;D Oh - and your property is stunning!
:) Jennifer
Mom to Saint Nakita and Charlie the cat

RIP sweet Bear (9/02-8/08)

marypyrs

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2007, 04:04:36 am »
OMG! I love your little goats! I lost my little Allie (Pygmy) two years ago and I miss her still. Pyrs & Goats go great together! As do horses & goats. Wish I could show you a pic of her but my own 'dial up' is a pain in the neck. Allie would stand under her favorite horse, Montana, to avoid the flies. His tail always seemed to keep them off.

More pics of Binky & The Crew PLEASE!!! And welcome to your new Farmstead. It's lovely! (You're not in N MN are you? It looks very familiar!) ;)