Author Topic: Need help with Satin Balls!  (Read 9913 times)

Offline Lucysdad

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with Satin Balls!
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2006, 03:26:05 am »
Mutt and Lucy both love them. We roll them up about the size of a baseball, they get to share one every morning. Mutt gets about a tablespoon (he doesn't need any at all but feels left out if he doesn't get his share) Lucy gets the rest

It seems to me the recipe I got last summer was longer........ ...... had kelp and some other stuff......... ....... Try checking the "Skinny Old Dane Needs Help" thread.

Just to prove she's picked up a couple pounds here's a New Years pic
Lucy's Dad (Gene)

Outside a Dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside a Dog it's too dark to read. -- Groucho Marx

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2006, 08:50:48 am »
Too exhausted to post about the new pups but they are both here after many hours of driving.  They are both INCREDIBLY sweet!  Katie is horribly upset and miserable, the Pyr (Thor/Bear/maybe Carter - still haven't decided on a name) is as happy as can be.  He's "woo"ing out there, marking his territory, playing, kissing (a Pyr!), loving the attention...  BUT, he is SO thin you can feel every bone in his body!  This after his rescue caregiver has been free feeding him for 3 weeks!  Stool sample was clear so it shouldn't be worms.  His stools are firm.  He is 2 yrs old, stands almost 3' at the shoulder and weighs 98 lbs!  I can't imagine what he was like before  :o  I came looking for ideas to put some weight on him.  A few more questions on the satin balls.  I buy oatmeal in 50 lb bags!  How much is in a "large" box?  Does it matter if it is quick or long cook?  Ditto on the wheat germ.  How much in a jar?  I have lots of ground liver in my freezer.  Do you think that might work mixed with hamburger? 
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 09:15:39 am by longshadowfarms »
Daphne

Offline GreatDanz

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Truly Great Danes!
    • View Profile
    • Mickey's Gold Bead Adventure
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2006, 10:40:01 am »
Try this...

1 lb ground beef
1 8 oz pkg cream cheese
1 jar all natural peanut butter
1 jar (smaller of the sizes) wheat germ
1 doz egg yolks
1 cup or so of flaked oats soaked in heavy cream
Mix up, form balls, freeze, feed as treats or food supplement.
-Ericka

Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that, behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.  Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion. -Albert Einstein

Kiahpyr

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2006, 10:41:47 am »
Too exhausted to post about the new pups but they are both here after many hours of driving.  They are both INCREDIBLY sweet!  Katie is horribly upset and miserable, the Pyr (Thor/Bear/maybe Carter - still haven't decided on a name) is as happy as can be.  He's "woo"ing out there, marking his territory, playing, kissing (a Pyr!), loving the attention...  BUT, he is SO thin you can feel every bone in his body!  This after his rescue caregiver has been free feeding him for 3 weeks!  Stool sample was clear so it shouldn't be worms.  His stools are firm.  He is 2 yrs old, stands almost 3' at the shoulder and weighs 98 lbs!  I can't imagine what he was like before  :o  I came looking for ideas to put some weight on him.  A few more questions on the satin balls.  I buy oatmeal in 50 lb bags!  How much is in a "large" box?  Does it matter if it is quick or long cook?  Ditto on the wheat germ.  How much in a jar?  I have lots of ground liver in my freezer.  Do you think that might work mixed with hamburger? 

YAY! I was wondering about them. Can't wait for pictures!

Offline zanie

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2006, 05:26:42 pm »
I have no intelligent reply to this but I have to say that every darn time I see this title I laugh my butt off!

Sorry, I must be a 12 year old in a 36 yr old body... ;D
"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." - Gilda Radner

Seattle, WA