Author Topic: Am I worrying too much? Update! Bubba is eating the new bag of Canidae!  (Read 8622 times)

Lyn

Re: Am I worrying too much? Plus a question for those that feed Canidae.
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2007, 09:06:10 am »
Thanks! I'm feeling much better today. My head was so congested yesterday I thought it was going to pop. LOL

When hubby brought in the new bag the first thing I did was check the expiry date, lol. This bag was packaged Jan 4th the day after the old bag. I'm assuming each date would be a different batch? But the kibbles in this new bag are definitely darker than the old bag and they are not crumbly. I let Bubba stiff a handful and he started frothing/drooling like a madman so that was a good sign.  :D

When I fed him his dinner he did take his time and eat slower, but he didn't leave the bowl until it was empty. So big improvement there.  ;D

Offline specialkdanemom

• Big Paw Certified
  • Sera, Shasta & Mika
    • View Profile
Re: Am I worrying too much? Update! Bubba is eating the new bag of Canidae!
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2007, 01:00:11 pm »
I had a similar experience.
I had bought our girls a bag of food a few months back and after I opened it I could smell a difference.  I still fed it to the dogs... they ate it, but not w/o sniffing a bit first.  They usually gobble it up.  I took a look at the bag and dates were fine, but near the bottom of the bag was a small hole :(... small enough to only see when looking for it, but not big enough for any food to fall out.  I think this was the problem... the bags are vaccum sealed for freshness and the hole took away the freshness.  I exchanged the bag for another and could tell the new bag had no problems.
I just wanted to let you know that this could have been what happened to your bag also, and that its by chance you grabbed that one bag, like I did.  Fortunatly, there is nothing wrong with the food... just not fresh anymore. :D
Big Dogs...got to love'em!!

Karen, mom to:
Mika (GD)
Sera (GD/Greyhound X)
Shasta (Lab/Newf X)

Appollos (GD) RIP 2001-2005

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2007, 08:48:37 pm »
I am glad to hear Bubba is eating again! He knew there was something wrong with that bag!

I totally forgot about it before, but now I remember I had the same thing with Zoey where she got sick right after we got a new bag of canidae and stopped eating it.
RIP former BPO

Anakalia

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2007, 08:45:30 am »
YAY!! I'm so glad Bubba's eating and loving the food again!  Must have just been that bag, that's so strange!   

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2007, 08:48:00 am »
Wahooooo Bubba!  Eat up big guy!

Canidae should hire him as quality control!

Lyn

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2007, 07:54:53 pm »
Hahaha! Quality control.. now there's a job for Bubba. :D Then he really would be chubba Bubba. LOL

Anyway, I threw out the rest of the old bag since Canidae didn't want me to send it back. But I did check for holes in the bag and I didn't see any. Upon closer inspection of the kibble it almost looked bug eaten. Tiny holes all through them. That's probably why they were so crumbly. Yuck! 

Offline bluskygirl

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2007, 02:38:19 pm »
Yuck is right! "Bug eaten" just is not right. Bella is just like Lola; she would've just inhaled it anyway. :D Bubba can be YOUR quality control which is supercool. I'm glad the new bag worked out for Bubba... and Lola too of course.  ;)
Bella- Smooth Coat Saint
Piston- grouchy kitty
Jupiter- Scaredy Cat