Author Topic: Obedience Training  (Read 2085 times)

Offline bluskygirl

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Obedience Training
« on: October 08, 2006, 06:15:01 pm »
Bella had her first obedience class today. She showed her true colors! While every other puppy was bouncing off the walls, barking, pulling on their new gentle leaders, etc... she napped quietly under my feet in between sessions.  :D  It was hilarious!  I had to wake her up each time to practice sit, come, etc. And when we practiced come, she just mosied her way to me at her own pace (tail wagging and big smiles all the way of course).  :)

I'm thinking about working with Bella and getting her Good Canine Citizenship... has anyone else gone through that process?  What was your experience?
Bella- Smooth Coat Saint
Piston- grouchy kitty
Jupiter- Scaredy Cat

Offline seaherons

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Re: Obedience Training
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 01:33:50 am »
Good for Bella.  Cirra passed her Canine Good Citizen test last April.  Although she still has her moments when we must remind her that she is a CGC.  The AKC website has information about the program.  Cirra has gone to several diffrent classes and it has been wonderful for her to meet all the diffrent types of dogs.  Our plan is for her to be a therapy dog and reader dog.  We will have her take the test when it is offered again.  Any other BPO reader dogs?

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
Re: Obedience Training
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 08:06:32 am »
Hi,

Reader Dog sounds very Interesting. Here is a link for more info. I may have to get Winslow started!!

http://www.readerdogdowneast.org/links.html
« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 08:07:40 am by Winslow 151 »
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad