Author Topic: Farewell Mr Ribbit. We will remember you fondly.... sort of.  (Read 3367 times)

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Farewell Mr Ribbit. We will remember you fondly.... sort of.
« on: September 15, 2005, 09:12:03 pm »
Sanity took his first life tonight.  That didn't have an exo skeloton anyways. It's been pouring buckets here today and I let Nee out around 8:30.  He was nosing around one of my grandmother's barrels that she has flowers in.  Since he likes to eat them, I just yelled at him and continued with my phone convo (Bad mommy)  He still wouldn't leave them alone so I dragged him inside.  Then he starts fussing and doing this kangaroo hop thing.  He didn't go potty last time so I let him out again.  AGAIN he's sniffing at the flowers so I figure "Screw it" and if he eats some, so be it (NOTHING poisonous, I looked it up before I let my Grandmother plant them).  He starts bending down and popping his head back up and going around the planter, continuing to pop his head up.  I see a little frog hopping towards me for dear life, Sanity's butt in the air, wiggling...... "SANITY RUFUS NO!!!!!!!!!"  Too late.  He squashed the poor little frog, leaving the patio looking like a biology class disection that was interupted by a fire drill.  There are frog guts everywhere.  I thought of taking care of poorly departed froggy (After I got Sanity inside because he wanted to recycle the little bugger), but hopefully something comes in the middle of the night and eats him.  If not I'll hose it down tomorrow. 

Rest in Peace little Froggy.

Ang
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

GYPSY JAZMINE

Re: Farewell Mr Ribbit. We will remember you fondly.... sort of.
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 09:20:20 pm »
Poor froggy!...Samson has shown some interest in the hoppy little critters before but he just pushes them around with his nose...I'm not sure what would happen if I didn't manage to stop him or what might have already happened when he was out in the yard without me. :-\

Blair

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005, 09:36:37 pm »
Awe poor poor froggy, so innocent LOL That was a cute story, I can picture Nee doing that too  :D I cant wait to meet that boy someday!

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 10:48:25 am »
Poor Mr Ribbit....

Growing up, my aunt's Newfie was an avid frog squasher.  I dont' think that she ever understood her paws were just too big to play with widdle frogs.  :(
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Icerotti

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2005, 11:42:59 am »
Neither of mine have seen a toad yet with me. Farley would get the zoomies Puck would try to pounce on it ::)