Author Topic: Updated Pictures of my foster, Jesse  (Read 4837 times)

Offline Imani's Mom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • My Chinchilla Page
Updated Pictures of my foster, Jesse
« on: May 22, 2006, 08:47:51 pm »
After only five days, this boy shows no sign of being the terrified, freaked out dog he was when we picked him up last week. He is learning fast, and is doing his best to fit right in here, even with all the confusion of my two English mastiff girls, my teenage daughter running around crazy doing all she needs to do for graduation next month, and Jim being here some days and gone day and night other times.  He is slowly putting weight on, though it seems he barely eats enough to keep him alive. 

Weedsport, NY

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
Re: Updated Pictures of my foster, Jesse
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 03:54:54 am »
What a beauty!  He looks so regal ... and well loved.
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 08:17:36 am »
such a handsome boy - looks like he is lovin' it at your place!

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 06:16:22 pm »
He's gorgeous all right!  Sounds like he's settling in just fine!
Daphne

Offline Imani's Mom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • My Chinchilla Page
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 09:33:35 pm »
Thank you all for your kind words.   Jesse is truly a special guy- we have grown to love him very much, and he is quickly becoming a cherished member of my family.   In just the two weeks we have had him, he has come so far- physically, he has gained weight, his coat is soft and shiny, rather than dull, course, and dry; and he has grown from 25" at the shoulders on May 17th to 28" at the shoulders yesterday, May 31st.   Emotionally, he is nothing like the scared, trembling ball of skin and bones we first met.   He is very close to both Imani and Frankie, our mastiff girls; my daughter and husband fight over which of them he loves the most; and he has even had visitors come to see him and play fetch without showing many signs of stress at all.   He has learned some basic manners, is totally housebroken (rings a bell  hung from the door handle to let us know he has to go, and opens the door to let himself back in when he is finished.  Now, if I could just teach him to close the door behind him...  He has learned how to open doors (ones that swing away from him, of course, not the ones he would have to pull open, luckily).  He spent most of the past week pushing open the bathroom door so he could still see whoever he was following at the time, and when hubby fixed that door so he could not push it open any longer, he went to work on the bedroom door, and spent all of last night pushing THAT door open, while Frankie, who sleeps near the bedroom door, kept pushing it closed again as it was infringing on 'her space'...  needless to say, I got very little sleep last night, but I got lots of cuddles to make up for it.

Some more recent pics...

Weedsport, NY

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2006, 11:27:36 pm »
That's wonderful how much he has improved already.  Love and care go such a long way.  Keep sending the photos, he's gorgeous!
Tessie - Belladonna's and Mojo's Mom

doggylover

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006, 11:43:11 pm »
OK I have to ask a serious question.  You said he is a 'foster' how on earth do you then part with him.  This is totally with admiration for you that I ask this...
He is stunning.  Really stunning...

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2006, 04:39:38 am »
Aww the pictures are great! It looks like he is having so much fun! and is VERY happy!
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline Imani's Mom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • My Chinchilla Page
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2006, 07:48:45 am »
The whole idea behind letting them go when the time comes is knowing you are sending them on to the perfect forever home, and leaving an opening for the next one who comes along who needs us just as bad.

Weedsport, NY

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2006, 08:28:01 am »
He is looking great!! and looks like such a sweetie.  You are doing a great job with him. 
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

doggylover

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2006, 01:07:31 pm »
The whole idea behind letting them go when the time comes is knowing you are sending them on to the perfect forever home, and leaving an opening for the next one who comes along who needs us just as bad.
You have no idea how much I respect you and am in awe of your ability to do that.  It is really wonderful. 
 :)

Offline Kelly89084

• Big Paw Certified
  • My Protector!
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2006, 03:36:08 pm »

Tell that to Holly.  I can't seem to convince her or my oldest son that it's time for her to go.   ::)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 03:36:39 pm by Kelly89084 »
"If a dog jumps in your lap, it is because he is fond of you; but if a cat does the same thing, it is because your lap is warmer." - Alfred North Whitehead

Offline Imani's Mom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • My Chinchilla Page
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2006, 07:11:05 pm »
Apparently I didn't convince ANYONE- Jesse has been adopted... to my hubby.  Yep, he is officially staying.  Jim is planning to get involved in agility and SAR with him.

Weedsport, NY

Offline dogcrazyforever

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Beretta- 7 months
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2006, 07:46:57 pm »
Beautiful dog!
What Man Doesn't Understand
Man Fears
And What Man Fears
Man Destroys.