Author Topic: Hubby says I wanted a big paw just for attention  (Read 8853 times)

k2campbell

Re: Hubby says I wanted a big paw just for attention
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2006, 07:25:18 pm »
I have heard that one, but only as a joke....I tell Jamie that he likes to walk Atticus because he is a chick magnet lol

Ha ha Liz - that's exactly what I say to Eric about Kate! :D ;)

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2006, 11:45:18 pm »
I have actually had this conversation in my head with myself! It sounds something like this; "You're so selfish. You just want 2 big dogs for attention." "No, I don't! Well, maybe I do, but I really love them!" "So, if you love them, that makes it okay to own them for your own selfish glory?!" And I go over and over it. I don't know. I feel kind of bad sometimes. But I love them so much, I can't imagine not having them. Does that make it okay?
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

doggylover

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2006, 12:15:41 am »
I have actually had this conversation in my head with myself! It sounds something like this; "You're so selfish. You just want 2 big dogs for attention." "No, I don't! Well, maybe I do, but I really love them!" "So, if you love them, that makes it okay to own them for your own selfish glory?!" And I go over and over it. I don't know. I feel kind of bad sometimes. But I love them so much, I can't imagine not having them. Does that make it okay?
Of COURSE it's OK...we are ALL just proud glowing parents!  I don't see the bad side here!
 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2006, 12:20:40 am »
Of COURSE it's OK...we are ALL just proud glowing parents!  I don't see the bad side here!
 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I can't see the bad side of that either...It's not like we stuff them in a closet & only take them out to prance them around...Chris t!...We live, sleep, & breath these dogs...Why not be proud of them?!!!!!!!! :)

doggylover

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2006, 12:25:12 am »

I can't see the bad side of that either...It's not like we stuff them in a closet & only take them out to prance them around...Chris t!...We live, sleep, & breath these dogs...Why not be proud of them?!!!!!!!! :)
Oh SH*T um we aren't supposed to stuff them in a closet and only take them out to prance them around?  ::runs to closet to release Pookie::
 ;D

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2006, 12:28:58 am »

Oh SH*T um we aren't supposed to stuff them in a closet and only take them out to prance them around?  ::runs to closet to release Pookie::
 ;D
Who in the h*ll is Pookie???...If it is a small dog it is o.k. to stuff them in a closet...Makes them feel secure...BWAAA HHAHAHAHAHAHA! :D

doggylover

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2006, 12:36:43 am »

;D
Who in the h*ll is Pookie???...If it is a small dog it is o.k. to stuff them in a closet...Makes them feel secure...BWAAA HHAHAHAHAHAHA! :D
Badger AKA
Pookie
Pookinator
Mr. Pookie
Pooka
Pookie bear
Pook
Pookisnuffiluf igus
Is that more clear? 
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA Man, I don't need drugs or alcohol, I totally crack myself up! ;D ;D ;D

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2006, 12:47:41 am »

;D
Badger AKA
Pookie
Pookinator
Mr. Pookie
Pooka
Pookie bear
Pook
Pookisnuffiluf igus
Is that more clear? 
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA Man, I don't need drugs or alcohol, I totally crack myself up! ;D ;D ;D
Christ...No wonder Badger is messed up! :D :D :D Please do not ask Pippin why we call him "Gee"...lol!

doggylover

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2006, 12:51:35 am »
WHY WHY WHY?????  OMG I HAVE to know!!!!
 :D :D

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2006, 10:41:26 am »
WHY WHY WHY?????  OMG I HAVE to know!!!!
 :D :D
Poor Pippin came here a proud little LGD...He has probably been "sissified" by me as my hubby calls it....I started out calling him Pipper McGee...That was shortened to McGee & now he answers to all of those names plus The Geester...Mr. Gee-Gee...& last of all Gee...The poor dog has lost his true identity! :D

doggylover

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2006, 12:02:36 pm »
ROFLMAO I am SO glad I'm not the only BP owner who totally wussified their dog!
 :D

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2006, 02:10:04 pm »
That's okay, we call Bava Huggy Bear LOL I have to watch myself in public though. I called him Poo Poo at the dog park and went ohhhh maybe I just better stick with Bava...he responds to Poo Poo and Huggy Bear though...think he's confused?

Oh and I call Sophie Fred :D
O.k...I'll bite...lol...W hy do you call Sophie Fred? :D I know a st. Bernard named Steve...I think it is so cool!...One night we decided our dogs all needed normal human names...Sam already had his human name but we called Rosie Sue & Pippin Chuck the rest of the night...Oh but we do amuse ourselves here! :D

Offline Kelly89084

• Big Paw Certified
  • My Protector!
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2006, 03:09:53 pm »
I think you have the LEAST scary dogs I've ever seen!   ;D
"If a dog jumps in your lap, it is because he is fond of you; but if a cat does the same thing, it is because your lap is warmer." - Alfred North Whitehead

Offline Kelly89084

• Big Paw Certified
  • My Protector!
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2006, 03:10:52 pm »
This is just too funny. We have an absolutely adorable 10 month old Saint. My husband walks him and he (Barney the dog) is always the center of attention. My husband calls Barney a chick magnet. Barney is always the center of attention - so much so that people actually stop their car car and get out to pet the boy.
Fortunately my husband is mature enough to realize that the attention is going to Barney. I was the one that picked out this beautiful pup and we don't have any jelously problems.
To us it a win win situation. Barney is a beauty - and a nut - and we enjoy all of the attention that is lavished upon him

We want pics!  :D
"If a dog jumps in your lap, it is because he is fond of you; but if a cat does the same thing, it is because your lap is warmer." - Alfred North Whitehead

Offline Kelly89084

• Big Paw Certified
  • My Protector!
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2006, 03:14:29 pm »
I've always just called the dogs Fred....no clue why....just a pet name I guess (no pun intended :) )

Com'mon Fred....:D and they're like okay! :)

I call  Holly "Missy" when I'm pretending to cuss her out.   ;)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 05:03:35 pm by Kelly89084 »