Author Topic: Dane needs home or transport in Missouri  (Read 5795 times)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Dane needs home or transport in Missouri
« on: April 06, 2006, 11:21:54 am »
Hey folks... uh me again talking about rescue missions...

I have been trying to work on helping this guy but I cannot drive to Independence, Missouri from where I am ... I would die. This lady has been trying hard to find a new home for this dane who I am going to attempt to post pics of.
So, if anyone is around there and is ready for a Dane... his adoption fee has come down to $75!

Otherwise, if someone around there can help get the dog eastward across the state... I can pick him up around St. Louis.

Here's his petfinder ad:

1120207- Dog:Great Dane
Independence,MO 816-456-3126 Heather bisbeeh@aol.com 04-05-2006
Name: Maverick
Sex:M
Size:XL
He is all black with a light streak of white on his chest. Already 107 lbs and 31 inches at the shoulders and still going. Needs alittle more obedience and would be best with kids over 5 yrs. He is already neutered and vaccinated last month. Seems to be kid, cat, and other dog friendly. He is still VERY puppy like and LOVES attention. I have pictures. Please give this guy a forever home. Thanks, Heather 

And here are some tiny pics of him...

Anakalia

Re: Dane needs home or transport in Missouri
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 11:41:38 am »
OMG!! He looks just like a black Koby!!  I hope he gets a great home!!! 

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 12:02:55 pm »
OMG!! He looks just like a black Koby!!  I hope he gets a great home!!! 

Wow, he sure does!  :D

Offline ilovebabe

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 04:27:15 pm »
do you still have this dog i am in overland park, ks and would love to try and help in anyway possible
The more I learn about people
the more I love my dog.

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 09:26:14 pm »
do you still have this dog i am in overland park, ks and would love to try and help in anyway possible

Thanks for offering! I am waiting to see if he is still in need of a home. I will let you know! Thanks!! ;D

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Dane needs home or transport in Missouri-URGENT
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2006, 07:53:56 am »
Ok, this guy is in trouble, she's taking him to the pound monday morning unless somebody can get him this weekend... :-[

trying to figure something out right now!!! :(

REVISED:
OK SCRATCH ALL THAT, he's not going to the pound! YAY!!! I totally misunderstood her in her email, thank heavens!! He is going into a new foster home. WHEW!!!
But for anyone who would want a new boy, you can't beat a $75 adoption fee!!!! ;D
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 08:40:38 am by doghealer »

Offline Maggie's Mom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Maggie, Simon and Oscar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2006, 12:37:39 pm »
Doghealer, do you live in St. Louis?  Where are you located?  I'll be in O Fallon soon, and my sis, Nickerbokker, is there already!  If you live around here, we should all get togehter.

I'd love to help with the dog transport, but I just can't do it right now.  Not enough time.
Stacy, Wes, and Maggie (Great Dane)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2006, 01:27:08 pm »
Doghealer, do you live in St. Louis?  Where are you located?  I'll be in O Fallon soon, and my sis, Nickerbokker, is there already!  If you live around here, we should all get togehter.

No, actually I am down here in Nashville, Tn, but I was going to try to drive up to St. Louis if I could work it out with someone else to pick him up in Independence. Now my car is acting up all the sudden!

It would be awesome if someone around there could adopt him! He has already been passed around way too much for a 13 month old dane... poor kid!!!
Some Danes really get themselves into crappy situations!!!

Offline ilovebabe

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2006, 02:21:16 pm »
i am really interested in the dog please email me back i email you back just a bit ago
the more I love my dog.

Offline ilovebabe

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2006, 03:09:26 pm »
so are you planning to adopt him ?? or just get him a transport to hold on to him for a bit ?
the more I love my dog.

Offline ilovebabe

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2006, 06:20:58 pm »
i am here in kansas city not far from where he is so if you don't figure something out please let me know , i would love to adopt him i looked at him also on a kansas city classified ad he was in and he looks like a sweetheart so even if you need some help with him let me know because all that matters is if he finds a new happy and forever home :)

marissa
the more I love my dog.

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2006, 07:18:03 am »
Sorry to leave anyone hanging... I was in the basement with 8 dogs and 3 cats from yesterday afternoon into the night... you might have heard about all the tornadoes plowing through the state of Tennessee yesterday, and honestly I am afraid of what I am going to see when I leave the house today.

As for the dane, there is nothing I can do anymore because of my car, but I did find out the dog is not in any danger. I think he is just going into a new rescue. You can use the contact info in the petfinder ad to speak to the woman who has the dog until Monday morning. Let us all know if anything works out!!!!