Author Topic: I just want to know  (Read 2312 times)

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
I just want to know
« on: April 06, 2007, 09:50:02 am »
when do whiney little boys become big dogs?  You thought I was going to ask about human guys, didn't you?  ;) Shiner is a pushy little dork that still has the puppy complaint bark.  The one that says "She stole my toy and I want it back NOW!!!"  I know he's only 1yo but I keep hoping that he'll mature a little bit.  Not much cause I love his goofy self but I just can't stand the high pitched whiney bark at full volume in the house when he's right behind me.  I had him broken of that habit but he's done it twice today.   
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: I just want to know
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 10:29:59 am »
Let's see .... Moose is 6 and still does it ...... :-\  ;)
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 10:51:40 am »
Sorry, Oasis did it 'til the day he died. He never grew out of it.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 11:09:09 am »
my two boys still cry bloody murder when they want something, or, for instance i go outside with zero, memphis screams and crys. if i leave the house, zero screams.... i dont think they grow out of it... i think they are just spoiled  ;D
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 12:09:43 pm »
wow, yeah i know the feeling.  4 out of 5 of our dogs do it (i guess because i'm usually home with them 99.999% of the week).  whenever i go somewhere they can't go axle, caine and peanut get a whiney little thing going. and diesel, he "screams" at the top of his lungs while jumping on the door /shredding the blinds or if there isn't one he alternates screaming with destroying things.  our oldest that does it is 4 now, and has done it his entire life.  diesel and caine will be one the end of next month and still do it and i think peanut does it just to fit in  ???  the only one who is good with not being able to get to us is sheeba, but she actually likes being left alone to sleep.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 12:10:28 pm by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline morph's mom

• Big Paw Certified
  • Morpheus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2007, 12:12:13 pm »
OMG Morph is just over a year now and he still does it.  But his is more like what we like to call the wookie whine.  He sounds just like chewbaca off of Star Wars.  If we ignore him then he keeps on going and then throws in a bark or two just for good measure to make sure that we heard him.  He does that for everything from I'm hungry to the skin kid is driving me nutz.  It is annoying but that is just Morph so I kinda like it.  

Carrie

modified cause I cant spell lol
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 12:14:45 pm by morph's mom »
Morpheus Mastidane 1 yr

A. J. Keeshound  3 yr

Dogs are really people with short legs in fur coats

"No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does." - Christopher Morley

"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person." - Andrew A. Rooney

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 02:32:07 pm »
Whiney boy does the long drawn out whine for toys when Kaila or Cinder has them.  I just had extinguished the barking in the house but he's regressed with that today. At least I know I'm not alone with this and that I can look forward to another 13yo or so with it.  I guess I can live with it.  I have beer and margaritas so things should be okay.  It's just so sad that the boy is the biggest diva that I have.  Drama Queen!   ::)
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2007, 02:38:15 pm »
Sorry to burst your(maybe it'll end) bubble but..... Hoover is 13yrs and STILL does it!! Sometimes I don't think he remembers why he's doing it  ???.. but none the less feels the need to do it. He cries/whines when we pick him up,cut his nails,to go outside,because we go out and last but not least just because he can still do it  ::) I swear he is the biggest baby ever ~ Many drinks will help dull or drown it out  ;)  Good luck
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)