Author Topic: Sam & Pippin get a bath.....country style!  (Read 3245 times)

Gypsy Jazmine

Sam & Pippin get a bath.....country style!
« on: June 04, 2006, 04:05:15 pm »
We live in a place that used to be zoned for argriculture.. .The neighbor I share a fence with still has horses & pasture...They also have a creek that has some great 2 to 3 foot deep holes which are great for my children to swim in...Well, today we were headed down to the creek for a dip & though we usually take the dogs something dawned on me...Why couldn''t we just bathe the dogs in the creek?...Anyone with a Pyr knows that a mere shower does not get down to the deep down dirt but rushing creek water...well.. .there's an idear! :D The creek water is clear enough that you can see the bottom until you get in & churn up dirt & the bottom is nice & sandy...It worked like a charm!!!!!!!!!!!...Took the whitening shampoo & went to town on the dogs...They haven't been this clean since we went to the doggy dip at the public pool last Aug.!...We got back to our yard & they were both racing around & bucking like wild horses!...They certainly seem to feel great!...This is awesome!....You can bet I won't be messing with the shower or hose for the rest of the summer!...Rosie didn't get a bath...She stays nice & clean with her much shorter coat...I'll get a pic later once the boys dry off so you all can see how great it worked & with minimal effort on my part...YES! ;D ;D

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Sam & Pippin get a bath.....country style!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 04:12:41 pm »
What a smartie you are!  That was a great idea. 

Ranger got a bath yesterday, but it was nowhere near as fun.  It was about 110 degrees in that dang bathroom, even with the window open.  I started off with warm-ish water, and had to keep getting colder and colder and colder so that we didn't both pass out.  Then I started shedding clothes. 

He had a great time running around the backyard when I was done though, while I stood there in my underwear yelling "Not in the dirt - NOT in the dirt!"   ;D
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 04:13:50 pm by grumpybunny »
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 04:43:56 pm »
What a smartie you are!  That was a great idea. 

Ranger got a bath yesterday, but it was nowhere near as fun.  It was about 110 degrees in that dang bathroom, even with the window open.  I started off with warm-ish water, and had to keep getting colder and colder and colder so that we didn't both pass out.  Then I started shedding clothes. 

He had a great time running around the backyard when I was done though, while I stood there in my underwear yelling "Not in the dirt - NOT in the dirt!"   ;D
Pics of clean Ranger would be nice...Pics of you standing in your backyard yelling at him...priceles s!!!!! :D :D :D

doggylover

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006, 05:16:34 pm »
That is awesome.  Every so often I take Badger down to the river with his dog shampoo and suds him up on the bank then make him swim around.  He HATES it.  I have no idea why, since it's basically just a little massage in between swims, I think he knows I snuck a yucky thing into his fun time. 
I have always enjoyed fantasizing about my 'dream' house.  One thing that it always has is a 'doggy washing/feeding/delousing' area.  Like twice the size of a laundry room with a huge tub and all set up doggy style, tons of fresh towels, professional blow drier...the works! 

Offline princessnmi

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2006, 06:44:00 pm »
I normally bathe my dogs in the bathtub...usin g a cup. I normally end up SOAKED and stinky. Well now that we have hit the 100s in Arizona I took the dogs outside today hooked a leash to my front porch and got out the hose. That was a lot easier than the bathtub. So Brody, Moose and Robin all had baths. And I got to play in the hose too ;)
Proudly owned by: Robin-3 yr old Lab mix, Brody 14 month old Great Dane, Moose a 6 month old dane
Loved by my beautiful daughter Makaylee and my soon to be adopted sons Richard and Jay And the husband too I guess

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2006, 08:24:58 pm »
Gypsy, I must hear more about this whitening shampoo!  What is it and where do you get it?  Carter could use a whole bottle of it!  :o

I too vote for the backyard yelling pics!  Priceless!  LOL!  Gotta love clean dogs.  They always seem to head for the closest dirt pile to get themselves back to normal!

At our house the labs have always been bathed in the clawfoot tub which was quite a job with the 100 lb Labs.  I used to be able to get them into the tub on my own but can't do it any more.  Eider is smaller so it is a manageable but still a major job.  We've done the hose outside bathing thing a few times but here in the northeast there is way too much cool weather in the year where that won't work.  Thor used to get a bath when we'd board him (couldn't leave him home on the job because he thought he ought to eat the guy who came to take care of animals when we were gone) or I'd take him up there between boarding if he really needed it.  I haven't even tried bathing Carter and Katie yet! 

DH is tiling a bathroom downstairs with a specially designed dog washing shower area as I type!  I can't wait until it is functional!  It will have a hand held shower head and only a small edge to step over to get into the shower area.  The whole room is tiled except the ceiling.  Pedestal sink so there's no wood base to get wet.  I can easily see Eider getting in there but I'm thinking even with that great spot, it might be a stretch to get my wild man Carter in there!  LOL!  I'll have to keep the stream idea in mind if we can't and see if I can lure him into a nice pool down in ours if it ever warms up here.  I did put a kiddie pool out for them to cool off in when we had a few hot days but I think all they've done so far is drink out of it.  I'm thinking Carter may give me quite a workout should I ever get brave enough to try to bathe him.  DH might want to grab the video camera for that one ;)
Daphne

doggylover

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2006, 11:17:00 pm »
DH is tiling a bathroom downstairs with a specially designed dog washing shower area as I type!  I can't wait until it is functional!  It will have a hand held shower head and only a small edge to step over to get into the shower area.  The whole room is tiled except the ceiling.  Pedestal sink so there's no wood base to get wet.  I can easily see Eider getting in there but I'm thinking even with that great spot, it might be a stretch to get my wild man Carter in there!  LOL!  I'll have to keep the stream idea in mind if we can't and see if I can lure him into a nice pool down in ours if it ever warms up here.  I did put a kiddie pool out for them to cool off in when we had a few hot days but I think all they've done so far is drink out of it.  I'm thinking Carter may give me quite a workout should I ever get brave enough to try to bathe him.  DH might want to grab the video camera for that one ;)
Wow, that dog wash room is going to be SO nice.  Let us know how you like it!
 ;D