Author Topic: I saw a Dane at my vet's office yesterday  (Read 1692 times)

Lyn

I saw a Dane at my vet's office yesterday
« on: January 28, 2006, 12:45:11 pm »
His name is Maxwell and he's a 9 month old fawn. To be honest he was the first Dane I've met up close and in person. :D I was totally taken by him, he was such a sweetie, but at the same time such a clown. I totally loved him. Now I want a dane.

Could you imagine, Saints and Newfs and Danes all in the same wittle house. I must be crazy. LOL

Offline BellaRoosMom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: I saw a Dane at my vet's office yesterday
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 12:53:01 pm »
Everytime I go to the vet's office, I get stares too.  I have a blue Dane, and a Shepherd.  They are a mess together, separately they are manageable!  My house just accomodates them somehow.  There is two of everything...s o if you're adding another...just buy 3 of everything!  I've never met a Newf, or a Saint in person.  Thats funny. 

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 04:44:14 pm »
I highly recommend a dane to anybody, so I say go for it.   ;D

We met a new dane at our park on Fri.  She was 13 mo (1 month younger than gunther) and tiny!!  Very very shy and submissive.... .............. ......of course if I had the name Sassy, I probably would be too.   :P

I have three danes in my house right now, as Gwyn and Goliath are visiting again.  I love it, even if it does get a bit crowded for our 2 bedroom house.

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2006, 04:49:26 pm »
Our neighbor had a beautiful blue dane named Blue.  He was always the sweetest boy.  He was huge but gentle with everyone.  We have our newf and aussie but we babysit two Saints occaisionally. ...and no you can't wlak if they're all in the same area....It's an obstacle course to walk down any hallway.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline BellaRoosMom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 10:13:17 am »
I finally met a Saint!  She was at our dog park last Sunday.  Her name is Hannah, and she's the sweetest girl ever, and SO gentle!   She made the rounds like my Bella does, saying "hi" to everyone.  I'd love to have one.  It was fun to watch her romp, you could hear the earth quake beneath her!

Lyn

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2006, 11:06:39 am »
Well we have the Saint.. Newf is next.. Still looking at different breeders. Then will come the Dane. Then a Dogue De Bordeaux.  ;D ;D

See I told you.. we need a big house. I think I'm addicted to big dogs. LOL ;)

Offline smsmith

• Leader of the Pack
  • Einstein has changed my life -- for the good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2006, 01:49:32 pm »
Since I've been around Einstein, Great Danes, Afghan Hounds and other really big dogs don't seem big to me anymore.  Labs look like lapdogs to me now.  And the yippy barking dogs! (No offense to the vertically-challenged in the audience.)  Give me a great big deep "harumph" bark any time.  Einstein even throws his head back when he's seriously barking. 

I'm sure one of these days another gentle giant will come into my life (kinda like, if you build it they will come).
Sarah