Author Topic: Hot Seat #25 is........................SoftHug!  (Read 16436 times)

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Hot Seat #25 is........................SoftHug!
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2006, 08:41:51 am »

What was the first album you purchased?  Shawn Cassidy-Born Late

How funny... Shaun Cassidy's self-titled album was my first!! But by the age of ten I proudly owned three! ;D

I think he was my first crush. LOL!

He was mine too!  In fact - I had an entire wall of my bedroom devoted to Shaun posters/pics... and here comes the embarrassing part... I spent hours and hours singing "You Light Up My Life" and "I cant Smile Without You" to all the Shaun's in my room....LOL

<giggling> I sang, "Do You Believe In Magic"...and kissed my Scott Baio poster with his belly button showing...so don't feel too bad.   ;D
Jacquie-Undercover Princess
Tsu Ling-Chow Chow-RIP 5/08
Boudreaux-American Mastiff
Griffey-Pi55y, fat, yellow cat
Comrade-red/white Siberian Husky
"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2006, 08:45:39 am »

How funny... Shaun Cassidy's self-titled album was my first!! But by the age of ten I proudly owned three! ;D

He was mine too!  In fact - I had an entire wall of my bedroom devoted to Shaun posters/pics... and here comes the embarrassing part... I spent hours and hours singing "You Light Up My Life" and "I cant Smile Without You" to all the Shaun's in my room....LOL

<giggling> I sang, "Do You Believe In Magic"...and kissed my Scott Baio poster with his belly button showing...so don't feel too bad.   ;D

I feel soooo much better now..... lol
cause i used to kiss 2 particular Shaun posters - EVERY day, but somehow failed to mention that in my last post....LOL

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2006, 08:50:11 am »

I feel soooo much better now..... lol
cause i used to kiss 2 particular Shaun posters - EVERY day, but somehow failed to mention that in my last post....LOL

ROFL :D :D :D
"That's the problem."

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2006, 01:14:11 am »
Looks like you NEED more questions....

Favorite TV show?
Favorite childhood TV show?
What do you like best about yourself?
What would you like to change about yourself?
Favorite physical feature?
Least favorite feature?
Do you have any tattoos?
What makes you smile?
What makes you cry?
Where were you born/raised?
How long have you been down South?
What brought you to the South?
Do you say y'all?

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2006, 03:27:15 am »
Looks like you NEED more questions.... God Love Ya!  I need all the distractions I can get! 

Favorite TV show?  The Girls Next Door, CSI(George Eads is Yummy!), Will & Grace, MAD TV, SNL

Favorite childhood TV show? Captain Kangaroo, Wonderful World of Disney and Charlie Brown Specials!

What do you like best about yourself?  The things that are important to me are important.   After I met my husband-to-be, I changed my whole world for him in the matter of about 10 days.  Quit my job, sold my home and moved 700 miles away from all my friends and family.  I know life gets busy/crazy, but I try my hardest to make sure that I keep in touch with the few friends I hold dear to me.  If they start to slack on their end, I bust them on it!  When I care about something or someone, I hold it dear to me.

What would you like to change about yourself?  I would be a size 10 again! 

Favorite physical feature?  My lips

Least favorite feature?  (   |   ) <--- that is my a55 <laughing>

Do you have any tattoos?  Yes I do!  When I got married we included a “Family Medallion” ceremony in the wedding.  We said vows to the girls and presented them with “family medallion” necklaces.  From their website, “In the Old Testament Book of Ecclesiastes, it is written that "a cord of three strands is not easily broken." The three merged circles on the face of the Family Medallion represent the strength of the family bond... and the enduring love that family members share.”  On our honeymoon, I got a cross put on my shoulder and in the intersection of the cross is the family medallion so I have one forever. 

What makes you smile?  The kids being kids, our animals, the fact that I found what I was looking for in a husband and now I have a family.  

What makes you cry?  Everything it seems!  I have become a wimp since I became a mom!  I married into an emotional family and I guess it has rubbed off on me.  Ugh!!  I bawl at baby shows, animal shows, Extreme Home Makeover, talking about Tsu getting older, music, reading stuff on BPO…EVERYTHING!!! 

Where were you born/raised?  I was born and raised in NE Indiana near Fort Wayne. 

How long have you been down South?  I moved to Alabamy in October of 2002.

What brought you to the South?  Hghlndr  (my husband)

Do you say y'all?  I don’t think so, not for the most part.  I am still a "you guys" kinda girl.  But I HAVE said it, much to my chagrin.  My best friend is waiting for me to visit and have a “lived there all my life” southern accent.  LOL!  Every time I go home she comments that I STILL don’t have an accent. 
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 03:35:02 am by Softhug »
"That's the problem."

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2006, 03:46:28 am »

Do you say y'all?  I don’t think so, not for the most part.  I am still a "you guys" kinda girl.  But I HAVE said it, much to my chagrin.  My best friend is waiting for me to visit and have a “lived there all my life” southern accent.  LOL!  Every time I go home she comments that I STILL don’t have an accent. 

oh it's coming.... I held onto my WNY "you guys" and "pop" for as long as I could.... after 10 years in the heart of the south... I am all about y'all, soda, reckon, etc.... LOL

here are some more distracting questions....

What do you like the best about the South?
What do you like the least?
Were you a tomboy or girlie growing up?
Do you have any favorite porfessional sports teams?
What is your profession?
Do you like your job?
What is/was your favorite job to this point?
Do you like to cook?
Does your husband like to cook?
What is your favorite meal to cook?
You husband's?
What do you like best about your pups?
What do you like least?
Have you always had dogs/pets?

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2006, 04:21:13 am »
You are a princess to keep me occupied!

What do you like the best about the South?  Spring isn’t as messy as spring up north, John Boy and Billy’s Grilling Sauce and Rick & Bubba! <LOL>

What do you like the least?  Frickin’ TWO tornado seasons and NO basements!  Just as annoying is the “Good ‘ole boy” mentality.   

Were you a tomboy or girlie growing up?  I was a tomboy.  Definitely. 

Do you have any favorite professional sports teams?  Nope.  Hard to believe!  You have to be a Braves/Falcons fan here!  

What is your profession?  Human Resources Administrative Assistant.  Right now the GM’s Admin. Asst. is out so I am doing some of her job too. 

Do you like your job?  It is ok for now.  Not a job I see myself in but for a couple years.  

What is/was your favorite job to this point?  I was a substitute teacher in the school system that I received my education and the neighboring system as well.  That was fun, something different everyday!

Do you like to cook?  Yes, but my family doesn’t like a lot of the foods I do…(ie. Vegetables, garlic, onions, the stuff that gives food flavor!)

Does your husband like to cook?  I think he does, but he doesn’t do it NEARLY enough.  HOWEVER, he does NOT like to clean up after cooking so it is easier to cook myself.  He makes a mean mac-n-cheese though! 

What is your favorite meal to cook?  Lasagna or meatloaf, mashed potatoes and corn casserole.  That makes me hungry!   

Your husband's?  Mac N Cheese from scratch

What do you like best about your pups?  Well, Boudreaux isn’t here yet so I think the fact that he is almost here is what I like about him! 
Tsu is hard, I love everything about her…I think I like her disposition the best.  She has had three vets (one in IN, one in MI and now one in AL) and all three have said what exceptional temperament she has.  I quote my vet from last Friday, “She is the best chow I have ever dealt with.”  She has never growled at a vet, never snapped at anyone or bit.  People can say they are vicious, but not my poopsie! 

What do you like least?  Now that she is getting older she has gotten picky about food.  She has dropped about 20# in the past 2 years (she weighs in at 31# as of Friday) and will eat one or two meals from a bag of dry dog food…doesn’t matter the brand (I have Nutro Max, Nutro-Naturals, Bil-Jac, Chicken Soup for the Dog…, and Purina Puppy Chow all on top of the fridge.  She is getting picky about canned food now too.  She wants people food and it makes my vet cringe.  I even tried Satin Balls.  She will munch on one now and then if I cook them.  EAT Bit*h!  

Have you always had dogs/pets?  Yes, since I was 2.  I have had a basset, a beagle, a German shepherd, 2 Brittany spaniels (about 50 barn cats), now Tsu, my cat Griffey and baby Boudreaux!
"That's the problem."

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2006, 05:42:50 am »

Do you have any favorite professional sports teams?  Nope.  Hard to believe!  You have to be a Braves/Falcons fan here!  

Bite you tongue.... LOL!!! I am Bills and Sabres fan all the way! It is the curse of being a home-grown Buffalonian!  :)

now back to distracting you.... which by the way I am enjoying.... what fun it is to be a nosey bit*h AND then be thanked for it! LOL

here goes some more....

What was your favorite year of school?
Favorite subject?
Least favorite?
Who was your first crush (besides Shaun Cassidy)?
Do you stay in touch with any childhood friends?
What was your favorite age group to teach as a sub?
Where do you see yourself in five years?
What do you want to be remembered for?

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2006, 06:19:11 am »
What was your favorite year of school?  My Senior year.   A lot of exciting things going on, deciding on a college, much more freedom, more dating (as I had a boyfriend my junior and the first half of my Senior year)! 

Favorite subject? Toss up between Art and French

Least favorite? Algebra II-both times I took it

Who was your first crush (besides Shaun Cassidy)?  A boy in my class, Brad Roberts.  

Do you stay in touch with any childhood friends?  There are a couple that I touch base with off and on that I went all thru school with. 

What was your favorite age group to teach as a sub?  K-3  Totally sweet and innocent and not old enough to “get” the lets give the sub a hard time.  Eighth grade was a favorite too.  Don’t know why, they just were.

Where do you see yourself in five years?   Back up north and getting ready to have a nervous breakdown with Zac starting school!

Being a good wife, mother and step-mother(grandma too!).  With the way the divorce rate is, I hope that over the years I can show the girls how to be a good mom to kids that you haven’t given birth to and it is possible to love them so much you could burst!
"That's the problem."

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2006, 06:27:35 am »

Being a good wife, mother and step-mother(grandma too!).  With the way the divorce rate is, I hope that over the years I can show the girls how to be a good mom to kids that you haven’t given birth to and it is possible to love them so much you could burst!

I truly admire that!  and will start the next line of questioning with....

How old are the girls?
Are they accepting of you?
How are they with Zachery?
What is your dream job?
If you won a bazillion dollars in the lottery, what would you do first?

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2006, 08:17:42 am »
Just one question...

How excited are you right now??? ;)
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2006, 09:02:19 am »

I truly admire that!  and will start the next line of questioning with....

How old are the girls? Ariel is 14 and Ciara is 12

Are they accepting of you? totally!  I have the best steps in the world!

How are they with Zachery? They are the best sisters a kid could ask for.  I will post a photo of A and you can just see the love.  ;)

What is your dream job? Bazillion Dollar lottery winner!

If you won a bazillion dollars in the lottery, what would you do first?  quit my job and tell hubby to do the same!  then go fly somewhere and play golf!

"That's the problem."

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2006, 09:04:53 am »
Just one question...

How excited are you right now??? ;)

I think my hair is about to fall out...

(Thank you all for keeping my busy today.  BPO pulls another miracle!!)  I AM OUTTA HERE!!!!
"That's the problem."