Author Topic: How could this happen? My poor kitty!  (Read 4918 times)

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Re: How could this happen? My poor kitty!
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2007, 12:32:38 am »
i hope ozone shows improovement today! if you see him give him a kiss for me!
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Re: How could this happen? My poor kitty! - UPDATE!!
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2007, 06:03:45 am »
Update:  I checked on Ozone this morning. He looked a little more perky, but and they said he had started eating last night.

I checked on him again this afternoon. His red blood cell count is up to 14% - 4% better, but still not good. He's still eating - not much, but eating - he hasn't pooped yet and that mystery mass is still in his intestines.

The best news is that the vet tech told me he's starting to show his normal personality, which means he's been growling at the vet techs and starting to be feisty again. He's actually notorious at the vet as being one of the most difficult cats they have. I'm so proud.

They are keeping him another night to see if his blood cell count goes up again or if they will have to give him another blood transfusion.

Pray for Poop!!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

k2campbell

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2007, 07:01:31 am »
I will surely pray for poop!!! ;) I'm glad to hear that Ozone's condition is improving, especially the personality part (that's got to be a good sign)! ;D YAY Ozone!!! :) Keep fighting buddy, we're rooting for ya!!! :-* :-* :-*

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2007, 04:49:15 am »
YAY FOR POOP!!!!

Ozone pooped last night and this morning, has continued eating, his RBC is up to 21% and he is HOOOOOMMMMEEEE!!!

He definitely has more energy. Of course, he's not running around the house yet, but he did manage a running jump onto the recliner. He's still super skinny, but hopefully not for long.

And the best news - the vet bill was $200 less than expected!! Woo Hoo!  Doc said that bulge in his intestines is smaller, too so it's probably just impacted poop that will pass eventually.

So, overall, this wouldn't have happened at all if he had been taken care of properly - fed, deflead, kept inside, etc.

Oh, and I think Johann lost his job again. He happened to call my divorce lawyer (not knowing he was my divorce lawyer) to ask if he could help him get his driver's license reinstated. And he sent me a text message today asking when the employement ads come out in the paper, but wouldn't tell me why. It doesn't take a genius to figure out what happened.

I have GOT to get those animals back NOW!!!!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain