Author Topic: If you dine out, read this!!  (Read 6127 times)

bigdogs@5501

Re: If you dine out, read this!!
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2007, 04:01:54 pm »
oh and Lori.. YES!!!! You choose this time. We may get lucky and it be just the 2 of us or maybe 3 with Rudy. Both kids are working he he he he he

Nicole

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2007, 07:09:19 pm »
Wow sounds like everyone has their peeves with this! lol

But Sorry Paige I seriously have to disagree on this with you.
4)Same goes with a plate that I am  finished with, dont make me place it on the end of the table to try and get your attention and if you come by and ask if we would like coffee after our meal- do not ignore that plate, take it with you.

Ok I refuse, I mean absolutely refuse to reach over someone to grab a dirty plate! They MUST set it at the end of the table for me to pick up. If they don't I'm not taking it! Mostly this is a manners thing for me... I was always smacked on the arm/hand as a child if I reached over someone to grab a plate, therefore I won't do it now. Sorry if this is bad manners to some. However if I were to be smacked on the arm/hand by a customer for reaching over to get a plate,  I'd probably tackle their a**es! ;D

You don't have to reach over them. Just ask, "Are you finished with that?" or, "May I take that?"

People will sit back and allow you to take it, and your tips will be much better. I can assure you. I've waited tables for YEARS. Nobody wants to have to shove the plate to the end of the table to get it taken.

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2007, 07:18:24 pm »

4)Same goes with a plate that I am  finished with, dont make me place it on the end of the table to try and get your attention and if you come by and ask if we would like coffee after our meal- do not ignore that plate, take it with you.

Ok I refuse, I mean absolutely refuse to reach over someone to grab a dirty plate! They MUST set it at the end of the table for me to pick up. If they don't I'm not taking it! Mostly this is a manners thing for me... I was always smacked on the arm/hand as a child if I reached over someone to grab a plate, therefore I won't do it now. Sorry if this is bad manners to some. However if I were to be smacked on the arm/hand by a customer for reaching over to get a plate,  I'd probably tackle their a**es! ;D

You don't have to reach over them. Just ask, "Are you finished with that?" or, "May I take that?"

People will sit back and allow you to take it, and your tips will be much better. I can assure you. I've waited tables for YEARS. Nobody wants to have to shove the plate to the end of the table to get it taken.

Oh I always do. I'm just saying I wouldn't just walk up to someone and take their plates or anything off the table without asking. I'm not going to just reach over them for it.
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline nickerbokker

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • i'm a big boy now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2007, 07:26:51 pm »

Oh I always do. I'm just saying I wouldn't just walk up to someone and take their plates or anything off the table without asking. I'm not going to just reach over them for it.

i guess i come from a weird family, because when we are done, we pile up everything in one neat stack on the end of the table to make it easier on the server lol.  same with menus.  i must have a crazy idea about "servers" because i don't actually think they are there to "serve" me lol...just help me with the back of house affairs i cannot handle myself.  granted, its GREAT to get refills without having to get up lol
NICKI

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2007, 08:14:28 pm »
LOL that's what I do! I believe the last time I went out to eat was during the Sadie Hawkin's Dance and after the end of dinner I piled everything up carefully(put the food on the top), put all the trash on top, and set everything at the end of the table.

It's the same with my mom sort of. She used to work at a hotel as a room cleaner and if we ever go into a hotel we ALWAYS have to clean up and pull the sheets of the bed, put it in a pile, put all the dirty towels in a pile in the bath tub, ect...

Definitely appreciate the working class here.
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline nickerbokker

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • i'm a big boy now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2007, 07:38:24 am »
IM THE SAME WAY at hotels!!!!

granted, its REALLY nice to be able to trash the place knowing you aren't messing up your house..but i always feel guilty!!!!  i've never taken off the sheets, but i do clean up before i go!
NICKI

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2007, 03:36:34 pm »
LOL I worked at a restaurant for a few years. Since then, when I dine out, I usually stack my things at the end of the table and put the dirty napkins on top. At hotels, I put the dirty towels in a stack on the floor of the bathroom and usually rinse out the tub :)

I do the same thing!!!  I'll even make the bed!!  My friends always point out to me that I'm always wiping the counter/table/whatever off!!! :D :D
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix