Author Topic: XXL crate anyone else own this monster  (Read 7843 times)

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
XXL crate anyone else own this monster
« on: August 17, 2005, 02:51:29 am »
OMG - got willows crate in the mail and set it up today...it is so huge i could rent it out to a small famliy... Makes my family room look like a zoo...does anyone else own this monster or am I the only one....  I guess I am just shocked cause i can't believe my sweet little pup will be filling that crate...wow

BabsT

Re: XXL crate anyone else own this monster
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 04:24:37 am »
You should take a pic of her in it now and then take some as she grows  LOL  in a year you will be in shock and in two years she will fill the whole thing up LOL

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 05:43:40 am »
I own two and they are in my third bedroom, the dog room.  They take up as much space as a full size bed in there.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline cue755

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 06:43:19 am »
Believe me Willow he'll out grow it! Ice is only Eleven months and with his blankets in his, his back is almost on top lol Do like someone else said and take pictures of him in it! You'll be amazed :o) Take Care All, Ices Dad
Ice & Ices Dad

Offline Astrids mom

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2005, 07:16:41 am »
Astrids crate is also huge. I can sit comfortably in it. One problem I have with it is that it is not portable at all. I used very large boxes to section it off and make it small enough for her. What does Willow think of her new crate?

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2005, 10:26:55 am »
My aunt & uncle gave me a used crate that once house an Akita...It is huge!...When they saw samson in it at 8 or 9 months they said the Akita didn't look so big then...lol...S am is out of his monster crate full time now...It's in the yard as a bunny playpen for when the bunns go out.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2005, 10:33:25 am »
OMG - got willows crate in the mail and set it up today...it is so huge i could rent it out to a small famliy... Makes my family room look like a zoo...does anyone else own this monster or am I the only one....  I guess I am just shocked cause i can't believe my sweet little pup will be filling that crate...wow

Grace looked really big in her crate too...Lady grew into hers fast...but Grace still has room to play. 

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2005, 12:44:48 pm »
We are just breaking in the crate thing.  I made it cozy with hr blankets and toys and have left the door open... so she goes in and plays then comes out...  today maybe we will let her go in and I will shut the door for a moment.  She is such a big baby....  I think it is a great ideat to take her picture in it....because I can't believe she will fill it...  sure was a reality check on just how big she is going to get.   The poms think it is pretty cool.

I guess if my son ever moves out I can have a doggie room too...will probably improve the smell.  ;D

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2005, 12:48:13 pm »
We are just breaking in the crate thing.  I made it cozy with hr blankets and toys and have left the door open... so she goes in and plays then comes out...  today maybe we will let her go in and I will shut the door for a moment.  She is such a big baby....  I think it is a great ideat to take her picture in it....because I can't believe she will fill it...  sure was a reality check on just how big she is going to get.   The poms think it is pretty cool.

I guess if my son ever moves out I can have a doggie room too...will probably improve the smell.  ;D

try putting treats in there as she goes in and say "willow, bed time!" and make it all fun to go in.  That's what we did with both our girls.  now at 11:15 when the TV goes off and we even flinch they run to the stairs, wait for us to move the baby gate and race to their crates and go in waiting for their bones. 

Offline Rocky's 'Rents

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2005, 02:38:58 pm »
Don't ever feel bad about putting Willow in her crate, she is safe there. There are too many things for a pup to get into when we aren't around. Rocky goes into his crate so nicely, it's about the only thing he isn't stubborn about!! I made the mistake of thinking that the xxl was too big and bought an xl. Needless to say he outgrew it fast and we had to buy the biggy. My little neighbor girl is 2 1/2 and she can stand in it, she thinks it should be her playhouse!! :D

nickerbokker

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2005, 02:46:53 pm »
i just own the Large one.....BUT, since angus is soooo bad, im getting an XXL.  friggin dog needs some protection from himself!  for now, the bathroom will do just fine, but man is he in for it!

TAKE PIXAND POST THEM RIGHT AWAY!!!!!!!

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2005, 02:51:55 pm »
It is just so massive.....Sh ocking really.  I knew we were going to need the XXL one so I got it with the divider....The y were not kidding when they said it was the colossal crate...lol

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2005, 02:54:34 pm »
It is just so massive.....Sh ocking really.  I knew we were going to need the XXL one so I got it with the divider....The y were not kidding when they said it was the colossal crate...lol

did it come with a divider?  I just took mine out last month.

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2005, 02:59:31 pm »
yep came with the divider.  the pan I had to buy seperate...

Offline Lesli310

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2005, 03:25:13 pm »
We have two of the colossal crates 54" and Onyx in still in a 48" and my little dog Hershie who about two years ago was my big dog is in a 36 but as soon as Onyx gets her 54 Hershie can have that one so he'll have a little more room. I cleaned out the guest room and put Toester and all my other dogs 36" crates in there but when we got the two 54's and working on the third the room is not big enough so I put them outside and the only time they go into then is when they eat. There's usually always someone here so we just put up baby gates and keep them in the room with us. I supposed to be moving out (away from mommie) this year or early next year so I'll make sure I have a room big enough for at least three 54 crates maybe more. ;D