Author Topic: I need advice from everyone!  (Read 7386 times)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: I need advice from everyone!
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2006, 06:57:48 pm »
Fingers firmly crossed.....pl ease take care of yourself, okay?  You have a huge pack of giant dogs to come after these guys...but...I ramble!!! GO PACK!!!

Hugs and Drools from the Newfers and me

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2006, 07:01:29 pm »
Okay...best of luck to you both.  Wish I was closer to help.  I have a double-Newfer size van and we could go fast.  Please let us know when you are back safe and sound.  What is your roommate going to do while you are gone?  Is she going to get out as well?

Offline Teamshredit

• Big Paw Certified
  • Aspen having fun near Mammoth Lakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2006, 07:29:09 pm »
I've been following this post and I am glad to hear they are being reasonable and letting you terminate the lease. But what about the gun slinging neighbor's???  ???

That's crazy that they are letting them stay and endanger the lives of the other residents. I am completely baffled.
I feel for you packing by yourself....tu rn up the music and suck down some coffee.  ;D
Zane - St Bernard/Shepherd mix
Aspen - Pyr/Malamute mix
Craig - Our Ridgie, has gone over the Rainbow Bridge

doggylover

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2006, 07:49:58 pm »
Ok I apologize for not reading through all posts, this may be redundant but I know A LOT about this and I don't have time to read all posts.  My parents are landlords and they CAN RUIN YOUR CREDIT unless you sue them/ are released from the lease THEY DONT HAVE TO SUE YOU to RUIN YOUR CREDIT.  All they have to do is go to court, show you didn't pay, and BAM. 
Here's what you do.  You go to the landlord with a CLEAR BIG pic of the mold.  Smile very sweet/psychotic and say, "If you don't let me out of my lease (they have to fill out forms that you both sign) I am taking this down to the Housing authority and you will be shut down and QUARANTINED YOU M'FERS (ok leave out the cusses) until you clean it up.  NOW let me out of the lease and I won't call the HOUSING AUTHORITY.  You have 3 business days to have the paperwork ready you M F'ing son of a female dog (leave that part out-think of the subliminal guy on saturday night live and just be nice). 
Act like you will go to the Housing authority.  IF they don't let you out legally, go immediately to the housing authority, everyone will be evacuated due to massive paranoia about toxic mold, and you will be out of your lease. 
Then LAUGH YOUR ARSE OFF WHILE YOU GO TO THE HOUSING AUTHORITY AND BUST THEM ANYWAY. 
There are standards that all of us can and should expect to live in.  This is inexcusable. 
Ronda

doggylover

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2006, 07:57:13 pm »
Ok That sounded bad, it isn't that I don't have time to read the posts like everyone else, I am just in a hurry right this minute and shouldn't even be online.  After I just posted that I thought that was dumb of me, went back to read and saw that the problem is already solved.  Sorry!
Ronda
Gotta run and pick up hubby or explain to him why I was addicted to the BPO and JUST HAD TO POST a few more times!
LOL ;)

Offline hairprincessnyu

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2006, 08:03:42 pm »
Lol, you all are the best, I love you guys. You add some much needed laughter to this craziness!!! I have about 5 boxes packed and am 1/4 through the kitchen. I have more stuff than I thought I did!! As for the guys upstairs, 2 of them were taken in today by the police for drug and gun charges. One ran away, and they can't find him, this is the one who is wanted for armed robbery in Gerogia, and the other one is upstairs right now. It creeps me out that I hear him moving above me, but my roomate left me her "barstool" to beat anyone with if they try to come in, lol. I think I will stick with my mace. So, yea, that is all I know about the guys upstairs. My roomate is going to stay at her parents house in Lincoln, AL, in between packing bouts here while I amm gone. She is a strong country girl though, and she is bringing her own guns back with her. She is not someone I would mess with!! I took pics of the bullet hole and the falling ceiling and I will upload them asap, but I really gotta get some more packing done first. I will try to load some pics from the flood though (also from the idiots upstairs). I am making coffee as we speak, and I now appreciate the fact that my parents moved me around so much as a child, because I know what it is like to have to pack quickly! Although, any tips would be helpfull! Thanks again guys, you all rock  ;)
True love is being gone all day, and coming home to a dog who licks your face.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2006, 08:11:40 pm »
I'm so glad you were able to get out easily and without any extra hassle.  The new place sounds nice, even if a bit more expensive.

Hurry, hurry, hurry.   :)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2006, 08:17:05 pm »
If you haven't worn it in a year, get rid of it.  If you think you are going to lose 10 pounds and then it will look great - get rid of it ::)!  If you haven't used it in a year, get rid of it.  You should be down to a managable move in nothing flat using that system!

Take care of yourself and get back to packing/throwing away!!

We love you too!!!  Move!!! FASTER!!!

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2006, 08:33:18 pm »
How scary  :o I'm glad to hear you have a new place to move into righ away and the landlord isnt being a jerk. You have checked out this new place to make sure it is safe, right?
RIP former BPO

Offline hairprincessnyu

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2006, 08:53:20 pm »
I'm movin, I'm movin!!!! Yes, those tips are very helpful, I think we will have quite a few bags to haul to the dumpster. We checked out the new place today, and I flagged down the only guy outside I could find. I asked him about the crime there and he kinda laughed at me. He said he has been there a year and hasn't had any problems at all. It turns out he will be our neighbor, he wasn't too bad to look at either, hehehehe  ;D I'm almost out of boxes, but people at work are gonna bring some in for me tomorrow. Anyone have any ideas on how to transport posters? I don't want to ruin them, yet I always manage to.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2006, 09:21:28 pm »
Roll your posters and put them in toilet paper rolls, or paper towel rolls...anythi ng like that!

Glad you have a cute neighbor!  That always helps!!

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2006, 10:52:26 pm »
I'm glad your getting out of there...Good luck moving if I were closer I'd help but I'm in Ct so I don't think thst'd work.  Keep us updated...and think of it as spring cleaning as far as weeding out the stuff you no longer use.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2006, 08:25:39 am »
I am sooooooooooooo ooooo glad you are moving.... and FAST! And as a bonus, the apt management came to their senses (what few they appear to have) and are terminating your lease... just make sure you get that in writing, just in case...

As for moving tips...  moving clothes, bedding, etc... in sttong trash bags helped me.... also - I wrapped breakables in t-shirts, towels, etc...

Hang in there and .... YOU GO GIRL!!!

Offline smsmith

• Leader of the Pack
  • Einstein has changed my life -- for the good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2006, 04:09:05 pm »
I'm so glad you're able to get out of there.  Even if you have to eat pinto beans and corn bread 7 days a week, your safety is more important than the cheap rent!

Sarah

Offline hairprincessnyu

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2006, 12:25:51 am »
Hey guys,
Just wanted to give you a quick update. I am currently in Fort Knox, I got here late cause I ran into traffic in Nashville. I was very tempted to call Rebekah and stop and see Turkey and her brother's and sisters, but I didn't have Rebekah's phone number!  :'( Anyway, my roomate is finishing the packing of the living room and kitchen. When I get home Thursday night I will have to attack my bedroom, God help me!! Lol, for right now I am taking this week to relax and sleep in peace, instead of fear. Something about being on a military base that just makes me feel safer! Plus being with Bradley and his guns helps, lol. I will keep you all updated I promise. Thanks again for the support guys!!