Author Topic: OK...Who else watches the Office  (Read 2186 times)

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
OK...Who else watches the Office
« on: December 08, 2005, 07:01:59 pm »
I have to say it is one of the funniest shows on TV.  But it may take for you to have worked in a office/cubicle environment to understand how true the office really is to real life LOL
Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: OK...Who else watches the Office
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 07:12:21 pm »
Sometimes I can not even believe how close to real life the office is.  And my current boss has said some things that put even Michael to shame!  This, and the UK version as well, have been the only shows recently that have made me both laugh and cringe at the same time. 

I loved the Christmas exchange episode on Tuesday.  And, I love how whenever Michael doesn't want to hear something from somebody, he just yells out whatever he does want them to pay attention to in that weird voice.....  "But we all bought presents for specific people..."  "YAAAAN  keeswap!"

I mean you both love and hate Michael at the same time.  The look of pathetic joy and wonder on his face when he got invited to Poor Richard's just did me in.
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Kiahpyr

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2005, 07:12:27 pm »
I haven't seen the show, but I LOVE the movie Office Space! My hubby has the same red stapler. He just had to have it!

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2005, 07:15:46 pm »
Oh, the Christmas one was too funny...i also just loved the scene with the lighting of the tree and they only had one stand on them LMAO

The show is really funny...they are moving it to thursdays now but not sure of the time

T- you really need to watch the show, it is sooo funny
Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2005, 07:17:49 pm »
I haven't seen the show, but I LOVE the movie Office Space! My hubby has the same red stapler. He just had to have it!
HAHAHAHAHA!  I love that movie too.  I think the stapler company actually had to reissue that particular stapler after so many people started asking for it. 

I am prone to whispering under my breath at times - "I could burn this place down you know..."  I have too many favorites from that movie to even list...

Anakalia

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2005, 07:23:07 pm »
OMG!! I love Office Space!!  I have voice clips on my puter of different quotes from that movie! lol

I've watched one episode of The Office.  I really thought it was funny!!  But then I kept forgetting when it was on and I missed it.  If I remember right it was the very first episode that aired.  Funny stuff!

Andi

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2005, 07:29:26 pm »
Oh, the Christmas one was too funny...i also just loved the scene with the lighting of the tree and they only had one stand on them LMAO

Yeah, I loved it when Dwight was trying to convince Stanley that he needed to plug in the lights for safety reasons, and then goes "I wanna do it!" and grabs the cord...

You almost have to watch the episodes more than once to get all the little subtleties in them.  Arrested Development is like that too...

Offline Maggie's Mom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Maggie, Simon and Oscar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2005, 12:38:46 pm »

Yeah, I loved it when Dwight was trying to convince Stanley that he needed to plug in the lights for safety reasons, and then goes "I wanna do it!" and grabs the cord...

You almost have to watch the episodes more than once to get all the little subtleties in them.  Arrested Development is like that too...

We TIVO the show, and then watch it again like 2 days later.  It is even funnier the second time, b/c you do pick up on little subtleties that you missed the first time.  My husband is a manager at a mortgage company, and he laughs out loud the whole time, and cringes when Michael says some of that stuff!!! ;D  He just says over and over again, "HR nightmare".  It's a great show!!!
Stacy, Wes, and Maggie (Great Dane)