Author Topic: My poor Bug...  (Read 3002 times)

lins_saving_grace

My poor Bug...
« on: October 14, 2006, 05:13:49 am »
We had our vet appointment today.  I thought it was a pulled muscle like before.  but the vet says he is 99% sure it's a torn Cruciate Ligament.  We have to take her to the surgical office next week to confirm that but he's sure about it.  And she'll need surgory. 
My poor baby!!! 
she's in good spirits though. 
he says i can still walk her and it'll be good for her.  he wants her to loose 10 pounds.  my god she looks skinny enough already. 
it'll be 6-8 weeks recovery.  most likely in a few years she'll need the other knee done too.
We had a little slumber party on the couch last night.  i ended up sleeping in the living room since i didn't want her jumpping on the bed.  it was fun.  :)

Luvmydanes

Re: My poor Bug...
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 05:46:02 am »
Awww! Poor puppy! I hope the surgery goes well and that she has a speedy recovery.

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 06:05:12 am »
Oh no.  Poor bug!  I hope she recovers soon!

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 06:38:58 am »
I'm sorry to hear that Lady hurt herself.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that surgery isn't necessary.  Healing thoughts headed your way.  I'm sure she'll get well soon with all the spoiling and slumber parties your planning for her.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2006, 11:24:15 am »
Poor girl  :-\ Zoey and I will cross our fingers and paws for a speedy recovery
RIP former BPO

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2006, 12:22:18 pm »
thank you everyone.  I think this has got to be the smallest mountain to climb.  the vet says she will have to have surgory if it's what he called it.  and i bet it is.  she's never not gotten better this slowly.  The ligament won't repair itself.  (didn't Badger have this condition earlier this year too?) she's limping pretty good and driving me nuts too since she doesn't like to be kept still.  I think she's more positive about it than i am.  But once it's over and the 6-8 weeks of recovery is over she'll be good as new. 
I was hoping for a small diagnosis today but we managed not to cry at the vet's office when he told us. 
Oh and he wants her to loose 10 pounds.  Am i the only one who thinks she looks skinny enough already? 
We drove to my sister in laws house to drop off baby pictures today then zipped over to a friend's house to visit.  she met 4 little girls and their moms.  Man this one kid just loved the girls.  she hugged them and kissed them.  And my friend's daughter fell asleep on the couch so they sat by her and licked her little hands.  When Emma started talking in her sleep Lady and Grace just perked up and gaurded her like she was in great danger. 
i think we'll have another slumber party on the couch tonight.  :)  just because. 
thanks for all your well wishes and I swear to you all she will have the best recovery ever.  I am such a sucker for those big brown eyes and boy does my little heart hurt and sink.  I'm going right into overprotective mommy mode from here on. 

Icerotti

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2006, 01:47:14 pm »
Awww poor Lady girl. She will have a speedy recovery because she will be pampered and spoiled  ;) Wishing Lady a speedy recovery . ((((Hugs))) :-*