Author Topic: It does happen overnight sometimes.  (Read 1487 times)

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
It does happen overnight sometimes.
« on: October 12, 2005, 07:23:43 am »
You know those Animal cop shows?  Where they pick up these emaciated dogs and they always say "I can't believe someone would do this.  It doesn't just happen overnight"  I would always sit there and think about the weeks that poor animal sat without food.

Well I have found out from my own personal experience sometimes it DOES happen overnight (Note:  I am in NO way condoning animal abuse or neglect).  Sanity is on Innova Evo.  It's an expensive food but the only thing that he digests properly.  He's starting to fill out, his coat is gorgeous, he's doing really well on it.  Well he runs out yesterday morning.  I figured that he could wait till I got my check, and we'd just make do for a few days.  When I say make do, I mean my dog is getting chicken breasts, eggs, steak, hamburger, all kinds of good stuff.  I'm not just giving him stale crackers and old bologna.  Yesterday he had a total of 4 chicken breasts, 2 frozen and 2 boiled, half a dozen eggs with shells, two pounds of hamburger and a grilled steak.  Probably about 5-6 pounds of food.  This morning my dog is LITERALLY skin and bones.  He was NOT like this yesterday.  You can fit your finger between his ribs which, yesterday, were hidden.  His entire spine is showing, hips sticking out like Goofy's Horses in all the Mickey mouse shorts.  I feel horrible, I don't want to take him out I can't believe he got like this after ONE day!!!!!!  I feel like the worst mommy ever. :'(

OH and the Marrow bones I got him have worked their nastiness into his blanket which now smells like road kill YUMMY!

Ang
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: It does happen overnight sometimes.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 07:32:07 am »
You are not the worst mom ever! I would mix him up a batch of 'satin balls' if you can though - that'll fatten him right back up.
RIP former BPO

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 07:38:34 am »
I know about the growth spurts.  Lots of times I didn't even take him out because I was afraid of some over eager animal rights activist calling AC on me.  It's just so weird that he looks like he lost over 20 pounds in one night.  Especially when he ate so much the day before.
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Anakalia

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2005, 07:40:39 am »
Hun, you are NOT a bad mommy and I know this as fact!  It just sounds like he's going through a growth spurt that's all.  He'll get back to his pudgy self in no time.  ( I was being sarcstic about the pudge) lol

Andi